cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP or WD for CRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My company is planning to implement CRM 2007. Functional side will be handled by a consulting company, whereas, technical side will me managed inhouse. In this regards I would like to know your opinion whether to use BSP or Web Dynpro for presentation. Can I focus on one of these only and get all the work done satisfactorily as far as CRM is concerned?

If I should focus on either one, should I focus on BSP or WDA? What are the advantages or disadvantages of either.

Regards,

Abdullah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have involved a CRM project where,

BSP:

the Basic screens for all the CRM will be built by SAP and they will come as installation...

if you need to modify some screen or hide screens etc., things, PCUI ( People-Centric User Interface ) was used. almost all the things will be small modifications to the screens only....

these are very complex screens which is very tough to do and also, BSP is only with ABAP.

Webdynpro:

for a set of custom developments, we used Web Dynpro for Java as the front-end and ABAP as back end.

Webdynpro is for both ABAP and as well as with Java.

Web dynpro involves very less coding as compared to BSP and involves declartive statements and very less coding...

So, I conclude saying that, for any custom developments, go with Web Dynpro only.

Thanks,

Vishnu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After consulting with SAP AG and a brainstorming session we too have decided to do modifications using BSP and custom development using Webdynpro ABAP.

Thanks a lot everybody!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No second thought....go with Web Dynpro ABAP as it is SAP primary UI technology.

...Naddy