cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP time out error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have File to file (FTP) scenario, where in the message caught the processing error in the adapter engine

Erorr details:

An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server . The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 XI_ftp_51a7dc00-03a7-11dd-943f-0003baafb7f5.tmp: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

When i stop and started Communication channe and resended the message,

It is now showing the following error:

Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server java.io.IOException: The connection to the FTP server timed out while uploading data.

Please suggest on the cause and how to resolve the error.

Thanks in advance,

MK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi MK

it seems from error code that FTP server is busy with the resources that's why you are not getting connection for your application

follow these steps

1) check your credentials

2) check your security (firewall settings etc)

3) go to transaction SM49 and there click on PING in the subsequent screen enter URL of ur FTP and check whether its up

Thanks

Sandeep

PS: if helpful Kindly reward points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check

1) Login credential used in File adapter

2) Try to go to cmd->ping ip address of FTP server and check the response.

3) Check the path where ur file is stored and check the read and write rights on folder.

4) Check r there any firewall settings used.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Everything looks fine and i have checked the FTP server connection, works ok.

but evertime i am trying to send the message, the receviver communication channel throws the Timeout error.

Please suggest further, to resolve the issue.

Thank you.