cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Easy DMS Install location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to be able to install SAP Easy DMS in a citrix environment, meaning we need to install it on the 😧 drive of the servers.

I'm finding it really hard to believe in this day and age that there is software out there today that doesn't ask where you would like to install to.

Am I missing something, I have checked all the files and cant seem to find a ini or bat file to change the default install directory

from c:\program files\sap ag\.

Please help as this means we cant use SAP Easy DMS.

Regards

Kurt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_wagner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recommend to install it manually. Installation of EDMS is very simple: it copies the files and then calls regsrv32 for EasyDmsExplorer.dll and EasyDmsExplorer.tlb. You can see a list of all steps from file setup.log if you installed it via setup.exe.

For your scenario you should try to create a script or batch for installation. I use another option: I created a MSI setup file, that also kills explorer before installation to support online updates and that can handle patches.

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frank that worked a treat.

Kurt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt,

We have recently upgraded from 4.0b to ECC6. Now, we want to implement SAP Easy DMS. I am looking after SAP Basis. I have searched for installation guide, etc, but not found any. I believe you have implemented DMS, would you pls help me out with any procedure document or guide?

Thanks & Regards,

Dharmesh Doshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

simply download from the market place and run the setup..its front end installation so nothing to be done in backend..check note 1168916 for latest version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I plan to intall EDMS. After it's installed, do I have to do any config/set up in SAP so it sees the files... how about diff SAP environment such as test, DEV or PRD, how does it handle that ? Do you have any manual or instructions or detail of the steps that I have to follow ?

Thank you,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i already replied to in anothe thread..

no if you DMS set in backend, no need to do anything extra for easyDMS.

For logon etc easyDMS reads the saplogon.ini file ..so if you have setup the systems using the standard sap logon pad , easydms will read it from there only..its better to set the systems using sap logon pad ...

if you are looking for any specific information, plz put it here..

rgds

anu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any special Version to be used in an citrix environment or can i simply use the same installer i use for any frontend Computer?

Thanks a lot

Edited by: Bilo on Jul 4, 2008 10:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

edms can be installed in citrix but citix and WTS are not officially supported by SAP..

rgds

anu