cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronisation Problem, data reset in Web AS

0 Kudos

We are within the deployment of MAM 3.0. We had the problem, that after the initial sync we where not able to synchronize a second time.

This was due to the high data volume we use, and sent to the mobile devices. SAP provide us the solution to use Data Packaging, and it works.

For the already deployed mobile devices, we are not able to change the parameter. Packages in Merep_MON remain in O-Waiting, and we are not able to synchronize again.

Is there any other solution apart from deleting the mobile devices in the Web AS and do a new installation on the client, to reset the data in Web AS for that clients?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what if you reset the data on the device in the settings screen and then deploy the new setting with the sync? Could work.

And does it not help to switch on packaging on the mobiel device and delete the clients data? I think this should help for sure!

Regards,

Oliver

0 Kudos

HI Oliver,

we can not reset data from client, because we can not synchronize twice from the client.

Guido

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you reset the data on the client (on the settings screen) and set the data packaging there as well - then it will work.

This will delete all inbound and outbound queues for that device - so I am pretty sure that even with your setup it should work. I will be surprised if not.....

Have you tried that?

Regards,

Oliver

0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I will check it today evening and let you know.

Guido

0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I check it, and it is not working. Once we have transfert the data to the client without setting the data packaging it is not possible to sinc a second time.

Guido

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, that surprises me, but anyway, I think if reset of data on client does not help - then the only solution will be a rebuild of the device.

Sorry for that.

Regards,

Oliver

0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

at the moment we see also no other chance.

If we have 6000 packages in O-Waiting, everything is fine. If we have 8500 packages it does not work.

Thank you and best regards

Guido