cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VFX3 update flood

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert!

I have a performance issue by the TA code VFX3 Release Billing documents since 15 days, Users were executing in peak time but we never get complain, suddenly, we start to receive complain from the users, they cannot save / post & print the document once we exeucte the VFX3, All UPD work process occupied on both nodes and also, update server displaying the status "initial" , more then 500 records are in the queue for the waiting to update the data.

i have found some SAP Notes related wtih this problem with recommended patches but we are the highest patches, so that, we don't require to apply the patches for the update flood by the VFX3.

I am working with abaper to check the index that do we need to require to re-organize the index and table, in the mean time, i have a temperary solutions, i have rescheduled the VFX3 not to execute in the peak time which is from 07:00 clock morning till 13:00.

for that one, i have to lock / unlock the TA Code VFX3 by the SM01. is there any procedure or report that we scheduled it for the lock / unlock automaticlly on the certain time.

Please provide the solution for the above problem.

REgards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> for that one, i have to lock / unlock the TA Code VFX3 by the SM01. is there any procedure or report that we scheduled it for the lock / unlock automaticlly on the certain time.

>

> Please provide the solution for the above problem.

>

> REgards

>

>

> Anwer Waseem

> SAP BASIS

1.) you can do a batch-input recoding for transaction SM01 using LSMW (or SHDB). make one recording for locking VFX3, one for unlocking it and schedule them in a job as step 1. in the second step run abap RSBDCSUB with the name of the batch-input-recordings assembled in step 1.

2.) check the values for enque/enq-queue/size and enque/table_size in transaction RSPFPAR or RZ11 (RZ10). look up notes on those parameters for finding the optimal value for your system. note: this might not solve the locking problem, but it might lessen it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

karim_eissa2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Anwer,

How could you overcome the bad performance on update WPS by VFX3 ?

Thanks in advance.