cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brtools problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody.

I've got the following error when I run database backup from brtools utility.

200 Type set to I.

200 PORT command successful.

150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for 'Backup/DBW/bdxqhshuUNDO.DATA1.Z'.

NiWrite error: -6, bytes to send: 32767 bytes written: 0

mkszip: output file "[standard output]": The pipe is being closed.

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2008-04-06 14.11.26

BR0279E Return code from 'C:\usr\sap\DBW\SYS\exe\uc\NTIA64\mkszip -c D:\ORACLE\DBW\SAPDATA1\UNDO_1\UNDO.DATA1 | C:\usr\sap\DBW\SYS\exe\uc\NTIA64\sapftp.exe -v -n -i backup2.di-net.ru -u D:\oracle\DBW\sapbackup\.bdxqhshu.ftp -b -c put - Backup/DBW/bdxqhshu\UNDO.DATA1.Z':1

BR0224E Compressing D:\ORACLE\DBW\SAPDATA1\UNDO_1\UNDO.DATA1 to Backup/DBW/bdxqhshu\UNDO.DATA1.Z failed due to previous errors

I try to backup to ftp server.

What is the problem may be?

---

I will award point for each useful answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The file D:\oracle\DBW\sapbackup\bdxqhshu.ftp contain any other information or only it's you write here? How you create the Backup/DBW connection? How about authorizations?

Can you provide information for init<SID>.sap file (have the parameter stage_copy_cmd and remote_user ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

File D:\oracle\DBW\sapbackup\bdxqhshu.ftp doesn't exist.

I created ftp connection via standard Windows functionality.

initDBW.sap:

remote_user = "<user> <password>"

stage_copy_cmd = ftp

There was a message about successful authorization above the error message.

So I think it's not an authorization problem.

-

Is there any limitation to the length of backup path?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm say about authorizations on the write to drive or folder in your ftp server (is Windows or other os ?) the other parameters is ? Read this threads , may be it's helps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Sergo.

I have already set up my init<SID>.sap file according to the first link.

Should I set the following parameter:

backup_type = online

What does it mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Good morning. Read this http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/d309664a0c11d182b80000e829fbfe/content.htm.

Are you chek authorizations(permissions) for the folder where you want to create backup using your remote_user ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user I logged with has full permissions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dmitry i'm say about your remote_user perrmissions, from this user your Brtools connected via ftp to another server (your ftp server, this is are the UNIX or Windows?) and the your remote_user needs the perrmissions to write the path are you use in "stage_root_dir". Not the "The user I logged with has full permissions" Regadrs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for my ambiguous message.

When I said "The user I logged with has full permissions", I mean remote_user permissions.

If I connectes to FTP server manualy, I can read and write without any restriction.

FTP server works under Unix platform.

Sergo, Do you know are there any requirements to FTP server parameters?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dmitry. I'm don't know requirements to FTP server parameters, i'm think is standart requirements (good server and good network) . The error are repeats? Has not disappeared? It is interesting to me the -->

BR0279E Return code from 'C:\usr\sap\DBW\SYS\exe\uc\NTIA64\mkszip -c D:\ORACLE\DBW\SAPDATA1\UNDO_1\UNDO.DATA1 | C:\usr\sap\DBW\SYS\exe\uc\NTIA64\sapftp.exe -v -n -i backup2.di-net.ru -u D:\oracle\DBW\sapbackup\.bdxqhshu.ftp -b -c put - Backup/DBW/bdxqhshu\UNDO.DATA1.Z':1

The Backup/DBW is the directory on your ftp server ? Is the truth or need the /Backup/DBW?

Where you write vis parameter? Regards. Can you provide the full init<SID>.sap

Edited by: Sergo Beradze on Apr 7, 2008 3:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>The error are repeats? Has not disappeared?

Now I stopped my experiments until the end of the working day.

Yes, I use Backup/DBW format, but brtools utility created a part of backup files at the right folder.

Link to my init<SID>.sap

[initDBW.sap|http://dmis-v.narod.ru/initDBW.sap.txt]

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry Vorobjev. You have problems to NiWrite (write to network) chek firewals and other network setting to both servers (ask your network team). Can you manualy login with ftp and try to download anything? Also is good if you explain more particulary how you create the backup (in more detail OS

DB SAP version ) and can you create succesful backup without ftp? Regards.(&#1059;&#1076;&#1072;&#1095;&#1080;)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Sergo.

I can connect, read and write to ftp server manually without any problem.

I can create successful backup to local drives.

DB: Oracle 10

SAP NetWeaver 2004s