Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial need on xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am new to xMII.

I gone throu installation documents and completed xMII in my local sandbox.

I Copied and Created a new Data Server using MS Sql Database. But when I try to Create a Query Template using TabQuery I unable to find out the Data Server name there.

Can you please guide me what else I need to do and also please direct me how to integrate Frontpage/Dreamweaver in xMII?

Thanks in advance

dev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JaganMohan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Devara,

Solution for Integrating Frontpage and Dreamweawer with xMII.

Go to the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/index.htm

Then click Getting started --> Installation Guide. There you find the installation and configuration of Frontpage and Dreamweaver.

Regards,

Jagan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

With xMII version 11.5, we are using Frontpage as editor when making irpt pages for xMII. It is right, that there exists plugins for Frontpage and Dreamweaver, but we are not using them. When you have worked a little with xMII, I think it is quicker to do without them. You will copy and reuse instead.

Some are using Visual Studio for editing, especially when making javascript files for your xMII pages.

Another usefull tool is Stylus Studio if you are going to make style sheets, xslt's. With this, you can debug.

xMII version 12 comes with editor for queries, transactions and irpt pages. I would still use stylus for xslt's

BR.

Poul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poul,

Good information.

I gone through documents and developed sample applications like consuming BAPI, RFC, MS SqlServer and Web Services. My dobt is how the real time work should be? What else we can do. and also please guide me or send me sample/ useful docs.

In SDN I found some sample projects but I unable to figure out how to workout those.

Please suggest me.

Thanks

dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you been able to figure out how to install/configure the add-ins for Frontpage or Dreamweaver.

I am new to MII as well and am using MII 12.

I have downloaded productivity pack and have the wizards on my machine but looks like I would need the add-ins to be able to use them.

Also, if someone can direct to me any documentation on how to get the webpage created and displayed. ( I have the query template and display template ready).

thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be able to find the datasource, but only if you are creating the proper type or query. Tag queries correspond to for example history datasource.

MSSQL correspond to SQL query types. If it does not appear in the list of data sources, you might have forgotten to enable it.

When you create the datasource, you are also able to validate the connection with status button.

And what you need besides e.g. Frontpage, might be basic xMII training

Basic HTML and javascript knowledge is also needed.

BR.

Poul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poul,

Thanks for your kind initiative.

I got a progress to find Sql Data Source and tested the connection it is working fine. Now I can see the output. Actually my doubt is when we need to use Frontpage?

Thanks in advance

dev