cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: Hardware key changed automatically

Former Member

Urgent request.

Dear friends ,

the hardware key of the server has automatically changed. The SAP licence manager is showing the same installation number but changed hardware key and the sap is not logging in . Kindly let me know what might be the reason.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also have experienced that hardware key is changed when I change computer name. Mycomputer --> properties --> tab computer name.

Try to check if the computer name is changed.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just call the SAP Helpline and complain the Issue..

Just they will send the New Licensce File

But you should be Authorised for tht

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've never come across a hardware key that changes even after an OS / Windows update. Have you raised the issue with SAP Support?

At this point, the hardware key should be generated against the server processor and maybe other hardware info. If the processor or hardware has been upgraded / swapped, it should report a new hardware key for licensing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kapil,

It can happen only when you have changed / upgrade Hardware / OS / Database.

May be your OS configured for automatic update for OS and

because of new patches, HW key got changed. Check it first.

OP Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

1) Did not change / upgrade Hardware / OS / Database.

2) Automatic Updates is turned off.

3) Computer name is same

Still the hardware key changed automatically. Still confused. can somebody get back to what might have happened???

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are 3 items System Number, Install Number and HW Key. Make sure you are actually comparing the same 2 things.

Jimmy is correct in saying that only when you change the Computer Name does the HW key change and the license does not work.

Suda