cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Script problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Working on SAP script for invoice, I have made two changes in the script.

1.Increased the font size of standard text in one window.

2.Changed the width of other window to accommodate the text as it was getting truncated.

When I test the script in DEV system its printing everything well for all printers…..

The changes were moved to production, now when I see the print out the window which Width was increased comes smaller in width…means the text in the window gets truncated

But when I see window width (SE71) in production I can see the correct length …and If I see the test print (the one we do in SE71) in production could see the complete text.

Tested it with two printers in production…if LOCL printer is selected as the printer…the complete text is visible, For other printers could not see the complete text..

Similarly the font size is not coming as desired…whereas in test print (the one we do in SE71)…could see the font Size properly…

What can be the possible problem..

Is it something to do with the settings of the printer…

Regards

Syed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Could you please check the sap-script language in which you have made the changes.

It may happen that the script called in the debugger will be having different language. Incase you have done a particular form z_test_layout in language EN but the language set in the particular invoice output is FR.

Although the same script will be called, both the layout are different entities altogether. So the script in which the changes are made are different.

Regards,

Subodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subodh,

I think the script is not in activated state in production...so needs to get it activated ..as we have some production issues while transporting ..

Awarding 6 points to u for ur inputs...

Regards

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Have you mentioned any specific language parameter in include statement.

please check in the sap-script debugging which standard text is called.

In the header it mentions the details of the standard text.

This should give you an exact idea of which standard text is getting called.

Please revert in case of any issues.

Regards,

Subodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subodh,

Once again thanks for taking ur time out..

Below is the text included in the window with a paragraph format in the end...

/: INCLUDE ZFR4_SC_HEADER_TEXT001 OBJECT TEXT ID ST LANGUAGE FR PARAGRAPH ' >

/: INCLUDE ZFR4_SC_HEADER_TEXT002 OBJECT TEXT ID ST LANGUAGE FR PARAGRAPH ' >

This was the earlier one..now commented...

/* INCLUDE ZFR4_SC_HEADER_TEXT00 OBJECT TEXT ID ST LANGUAGE FR PARAGRAPH 'C >

i can see this in the form in production environment...but when i debug it...i can't see the top includes in the window...but the last include which is commented is getting executed...

Really weird...not seen such thing before...

Regards

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Hvae you transported the standard text to production. You need to seperately transport the standard text.

Procedure to transport standard request:-

Execute program RSTXTRAN. Mention the request/ task name which you have created already.

Mention Text key - object as TEXT

Text key - name-Nmae of your standard text.

Text key - ID- Please mention the one of your standard text

Text key - language: Please mention the one of your standard text

Execute and proceed .

Please check if the standard text gets attached to the mentioned request/task name.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Please rewards points if you find the answers helpful.

Regards,

Subodh

Edited by: Subodh Ghosalkar on Apr 7, 2008 9:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subodh,

Can see the standard text in Production...but the problem is its calling the old standard text...while debugging...

Earlier i had one standard text in the window...

I have commented that and ...included two more standard texts in the window...i can see the standard text in test print(SE71)...but when i check for invoice(application)...its calling the old standard text...cannot see my standard texts in the window while debugging.

Regards

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Please check if the printers cofigured in DEV and PRD systems are same or not. The text might appear correctly on one printer like LOCL but may not get printed properly on other printer.

Always carry out the testing on printer which is used in production instead of LOCL . It will give you an exact idea of how the text will appear in production.

If case such printer is not configured in DEV or Test environment , (if possible)contact the BASIS team and get a printer configured. This will save your time and give you a clear picture of your layout presentation in DEV environment itself.

Also please check if you are activating the scripts after you are making the all changes. Although the scripts would be transported, the actual changes will not be getting reflected.

Regards,

Subodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subodh,

Thanks for your reply....One problem was solved...when we did some changes in configuration of the printer...(the text which was getting truncated is coming perfectly now)..

Still the font problem is there...when i go to SE71(In Prod) i can see the standard texts which i have included in the window...but when i debug the FORM ...its still calling the old standard text(which has smaller font size)...don't know why...Is there any background program which runs n activates the form or something like that...i have activated the FORM in DEV before transporting

Regards

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi