Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retain(hold) input values?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I have two views say View1 and View2.

All the contex nodes and attributes are mapped properly with controller i,e controller>View1 and Controller>View2.

The view View2 contains some UI elements like inputfield,ckeck box,dropdown,radio button and OK button.When I give proper input field values to these UI elements(i,e checkbox-Selected,inputfield>AAA,Dropdown>BBB,Radiobutton-->Selected) and click OK button in the View2,View1 is getting changed.Everything is working fine.But when I open the View2 again,those UI elements are not retaining the values.

I want to retain those previously input values(i,e checkbox-Selected,inputfield>AAA,Dropdown>BBB,Radiobutton-->Selected) when ever I open View2.

All my UI elements are Dynamic.

Please suggest me how to do that.

Regards

-Sandip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sandeep,

You are not changing context values and you want to retain values, change the property of the view (you want to retain) Life span as framework controlled.

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nikhil ,

I tried the same.Already the Life span is set as framework_controlled.I tried with when_visible.Its not at all working.

Please suggest me.

Regards

-Sandip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

I hope this problem can be solved by using the Lifespan property of view.

Select a view and go to its properties and you will find

view properties; there you have to specify the values for Lifespan as framework_controlled or when_visible.

It has to work in static and dynamic way of development.

Try this and let us know the result.

Regards

- Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vonod,

Thank you for your answer.But in the vew properties , the life span is already set as framework_controlled .I tried with when_visible as well.Its not working.

Please suggest me any other alternatives.

All my UI elemets are Dynamic.

Thanks in advance.

Regardsa

-Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that the component controller really holds these values? Use the debugger to find this out.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Armin,

Can u please suggest me how to retain(hold) the previously input values in the second view(View2).Is it really very difficult or I am doing in a wrong way.Please suggest.

Regards

-Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say you have to do nothing if the values are really stored in the component controller and the mapping is correct. Check this with the debugger.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vinod,nikhil,Armin,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion.Marks given to u all.

Regards

-Sandip