refurbishment

pravin_malviya
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you,

Thanks for your time Mr.Thyagarajan

For serialization,

problem I am, facing is

if automatic serialization is activated in customizing, then system will assign number to equipment, but in such case you have to maintain that number manually on that Tyre,

So is it possible that I can use External Numbering?where i wish to use the number provided by Manufacturers Serial no?

Thanking you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cant maintain separate number range for the equipment, But you can maintain the same through serial number profile.

Make setting ''Serial number should be exist' in Serail number profile.

In addition make setting in materila master sales/general data view below you can assign serial number profile and down select 1 for Serializ level.

When you create equipment via IQO1 give serial value as a Equipment how to want create.

I hope explains!!!!!!!!!!!! if not let u suit or OK then suit ur mark.

both are APPRECIATABLE

Regards

Sendil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want to use external serial number (manufacturer's serial number) you can use IQ01to create it. In IQ01 give the maerial and the serial number.

Prase

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i think it is possible ,while creating the serial no profile you have the option of specifying the equipment category ,specify the equipment category which is having external number assignment

regards

thyagarajan

sorry ya it is not possible to create equipment with external number assignment ,what you can do is chage the serial no profile to *serial number should be exist *,then create equipment master record and in the serial number tab page enter the serial number you want to create