cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop-Up iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im trying to create a pop-up iview and pass a selection of parameters to this iview. the iview is a form for creating a business partner i have created the pop-up iview from the compose tab but i cant get it to work can anyone share the experience in this matter.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Irfan,

You can use the following formulae on your recieving parameter.

if the field is called Date

DSTR(@DATE,’MON DD, YYYY’)

Regards,

Ahmed Salah

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irfan,

Another solution is to set the format using the formatting tab of the control you use to display the date.

Hope I helped,

Shay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shay,

Thank you for the info im facing an issue when passing a Date field to the popup iview it is diplayed as 03.01.2007 can i diplay it in a more friendly format like Jan 03, 2007.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a start point in the popup iView and add the needed fields to the start point (sing the + button in the bottom of the configure pane).

Return the the calling iView and map the fields to the popup as explained above.

You can also map returning values (from the popup to the calling iView) by using an end point.

Hope it helps,

Shay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Irfan,

Double-click the line joining your form to the iview. T

The input and output fields are displayed in the task panel.

In the top table, use the Assign From column to map the @Form field coming from the Input Form to the fields required at the input to the popup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed,

How can i pass certain parameters to the pop-up iview ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Irfan,

Drag out from the out port of the Input Form and choose Open Popup from the context menu.

At the bottom of the dialog box, choose Create New iView and click OK.

Double-click the Evt1 line between the form and the popup icon and change the event name to whatever you want.

Make sure you added submit button on your original form with an event with the same name that you created earlier.

Regards,

Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help me out ASAP

Edited by: Irfan Shah on Apr 5, 2008 12:14 PM