cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Incorporate formula in QE51 (result recording screen for insp char)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly help me in incorporating a formula field in QE51 screen where we record results for inspection characteristics. I need to add a formula in a field which should be a qualitative characteristics which should make calculations of few quantitative fields

EX:

Field 1 = xxx

Field 2 = yyy

Field 3 = zzz

Field 4 = Field 1 - field 2 - field 3

If the Field 4 has someother value other than zero upon saving the result it should throw some error.

How can i add this formula in the system.. can anyone help me?

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards

P.K.Senthil Kumar

Edited by: senthil kumar on Apr 5, 2008 10:55 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys...

But i need to incororate check for that field , in the sense say that field always has to be zero while saving a result otherwise it should show warning messages... Is this possible? If yes pls tell me...

Best Regards

P.K.Senthil Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the std sap help, then if you have any aboubt come back

Formula Evaluation

Use

You can have the measured values of a characteristic (calculated characteristic) automatically calculated from the input and results of other characteristics (calculation input characteristics). The formula is automatically evaluated when the characteristic is valuated. You can trigger the formula evaluation before the characteristic valuation.

You can determine the weight of a glass bottle, by determining the weight of the empty bottle and the volume of water needed to fill it. Both these measurements are represented as calculation input characteristics; the total weight is then the calculated characteristic.

Prerequisites

For formula calculation, the following prerequisites must be fulfilled:

• You have defined the formula that is used in the inspection characteristic for the task list.

You can use standard mathematical functions in this formula, as well as the following operands:

o Numerical constants

o The specifications and results of other characteristics in the same operation

o External function modules

• For inspection lots with an assigned serial number profile or units to be inspected with external numbering, the following applies:

To evaluate the formula for original values, you must ensure that a reference is made to the same serial number for the calculation input characteristics. The "Serial number - original value" assignment is the decisive factor for the first (leading) calculation input characteristic. If a serial number is not available for the first calculation input characteristic in another calculation input characteristic, you cannot evaluate the formula.

Activities

To calculate the formula from the valuation, choose:

• Evaluate formula on the characteristic overview screen

• Extras  Formula  Evaluate formula on the characteristic single screen

If values from other characteristics are used in the formula, these calculation input characteristics must have already been valuated before the formula can be calculated.

To display the formula, choose Extras  Formula  Display formula on the characteristic overview screen or the characteristic single screen.

The formula printout is then displayed in a window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try using calculated char for the field 4. You need to mark that MIC as calculated char in control indicators.

Ref the link related post reg use of calculated characteristics

Regards

K.M.Arun