cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not open port 3601

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed WEB AS6.40 and all the services are running properly. But when I try to access the j2ee engine thru http://ipaddress:50000/index.html, I get the error connection failed in the browser. The j2ee_engine port is correct. In the default trace i get an error Can't open 3601. Message server is running in this port 3601. What could be the problem ? Kindly help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rukmani,

This alerts me some thing.When you have installed WAS 6.40 did you change the default instance number for port.If you have left that as 00 then 50000 should work or else if you have changed that to 01 or 02 you should change the port as 50010 0r 50020 accordingly.

One more possibility is that if you have any other applications running on the same port then either you have to free that particular port which is in use or else choose an another port.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Guru Subramanian B

p.s :- Reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rukumani,

if a Port can't be opened, the most possible event is The Port is already in use. if you had the same INSTANCE NUMBER given to some other installation (SAP) in the same machine, it could trigger this error. A Message port number is nothing but 36<INSTANCE NUMBER>. Check out if you have done any other installation with the same instance number and change it accordingly.

Hope this helped you.

Regards

Ak