cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming inspection through source inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to do incoming inspection for few raw materials on lot basis (each trucks is one lot). But quality department do the inspection for certain characteristics and truck will allowed inside only if QA dept accepts the lot.

Then gross weight is taken and material is unloaded in yard. Again empty truck wt is taken through weigh bridge. Then Good receipt for that lot is done based on formula GRN qty= GROSS - Tare wt.

So I think option for me for incoming inspection is Source inspection. But quality needs data and Usage decision done to be based on lot wise. Is it possible for me to do source inspection based on lot wise for one open purchase order.

Concluding:- I need incoming inspn before Goods Receipt for each lots I receive. I may have one PO, but my vendor may give 5 trucks on that PO. Each truck I need to maintain as a lot for inspection.

Whats the best way...Assured rewards for best solution

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vineet,

check your webmail, i jhave responded there.

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you do GR with 103 movement type.

Do the QI.

Then with 105 movement you can take the stocks.

but you have to activate the QM for 103 & 105 mvt.types.

regards

rahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I request you read my first scenario again. My inspection activities are to be initiated and completed before GR happens. Source inspection will definetly help me. I would like to know whether I can generate source inspection lots for each incoming lot.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried using inspection points for this? Each truck can be a new inspection point. But you can't make the UD until the end of the day or the next day which could be a problem. I think you'll have to have the material go right to unrestricted inventory, (turn off post to inspection stock in the inspection type setup for the 01.)

As you do each receipt, the qty of the truck will increment the inspection lot posting qty as well as unrestricted inventory. If an inspection point fails, the tech/mgr. would post that qty in the returns stock line. This would move the qty from unrestricted back to the vendor.

The final UD would be on the qty of all five trucks received for the day minus any that were rejected. You may need to work with the invoicing folks as to how this all impacts the invoice. But I beleive they'll see a shortage of material if any trucks were rejected.

Craig