cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need configuration in Document Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DMS Gurus.

I need your help in my problem, my users(engineer) use CV01N to attach file such as drawings & technical details. later he back to use CV03N to open attachment, but he can't. A pop-up show him system can't find a correct directory of program to open this attachment.

how to i config and solve this problem. my user's file is MS-word file excel and CAD file. about 6-7 user that will use DMS. each person have his/her PC but various in version. like MS-office 2003 or MS-office 2000. autocad 2006 or autocad 2005 or autocadlt.

regards,

Kittisak.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check DC30 where you need to maintain Workstation application.

Here maintain %auto% for WS application used like if WS application is PDF then for option 3 give %auto%

then while viewing PDF the file will be opened by default program on each workstation...

Also make sure you have settings in DC20..

For the storage category make sure you have maintained path C:\Temp\

Give write access to all users to there PCs C:\temp\ folder

Do let me know if it helps

Niranjan

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

if you maintain the parameter %AUTO% in transaction DC30 please be sure that you have maintained the correct entries in the Windows Folderoptions too. The parameter %AUTO% is used to hand over

the control to an external viewer application (e.g. Word, Excel,..) but therefore in the windows folderoptions the application has to be maintained for the relevant file format.

For this, go to 'Start -> Settings -> Control Panel' and select folder 'Folder Options', highlight extension 'PDF' under tab 'File types', click button 'Advanced' and check whether the correct

paths are maintained for the relevant actions (open, edit, print).

Afterwards the display of the Word files should work fine.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for useful information.

Answers (0)