Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version - Unable to start the dispatcher

kedarT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version and when i try to start the SAPMMC .The first step both message server & dispatcher are running but the dispacther is getting stopped and when i try to log using the log on pad with the message

Connection to partner '127.0.0.1;sapdp00' broken

Ur help will be appreciable.

Regards,

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is the problem with loopback address .

you have to add loopback address in your /etc/hosts file.

Thanks

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a memory issue with your system. Increase the virtual memory to atleast 4GB. Restart the system

Netweaver requires huge RAM

-AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kedar ,

I would suggest you to go through https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/instguides download a copy of the the Netweaver 7.0 installation guide and read the steps mentioned in that . As you may have skipped many prerequisites for installing the server.

Thanks & Regards

Dharm Dhwaj Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kedar,

I had the same problem. (disp+work) started but stopped immediatly.

To get it running I uninstalled the whole thing again. Changed the computername to a value not exceeding 13 characters and installed everthing again.

-> Now it works!

Good luck cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar Nath,

Have you made any changes to your network config? If you install any new anti virus software that also may block the dispatcher port. SO pl. check this 2 points and go through the disp_dev trace file in Work folder(give a serch for disp_dev), if possible paste the log file here.

Regards,

Hari.

I044511
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is using a loopback address.So try and make changes in services file to System IP.(Just make a note of this change,in case if it doesn't work, to bring back the system to original state:).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar Nath Tingrikar . Login to your WINDOWS system with SIDADM (SID your sap name) try to start sap in SAPMMC, after the dipatcher stops go to START -- RUN --

CMD and go to for example c:\ directory. (cd c:\ ) afer this execute the "R3trans -d" and find in c:\ file "trans.log" post this file here. Regards.

kedarT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

i went into dos prompt but not clear abt wht next.

I have extracted the files for installation in the c:\sap.

Guide me henceforth.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you loged in Windows with "SID"ADm user (for example your sap name TST --> user TSTADM) and the sap are started but dispatcher is stopped?

If yes into dos prompt , you view some like this :

C:\Documents and Settings\TSTADM>

Run this

C:\Documents and Settings\TSTADM>R3trans -d

After this you see some like R3trans finished with (0012). ---> go to C:\Documents and Settings\TSTADM folder, in this folder R3tras create the trans.log file find him and post here.

(example if you are into dos prompt in c:\SAP directory and excute the R3trans -d you need to find the trans.log in c:\SAP folder.)

regards.

kedarT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Windows XP and the have only one user on the OS.So,i am unable to log on with the SID which is NSP.

Please help.

Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar Nath Tingrikar. I'm dont know how about SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version but when you install the SAP this user creates by SAPINST. Chek if this user exist in --> The right pressing of a mous for "My Compyter" --> manage --> Local Users and Groups. Chek the users. If the user not exist go to -->

the folder <INSTALL_PATH>\NSP\DVEBMGS00\work you'll find some log and trace files. Check the sapstart.trc file and post this file here. Regards.