cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk: How to know who sent!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was able to configure Service Desk and from satellite system, I can send message to SOLMAN. But when I go to tcode CRM_DNO_MONITOR I don't see who send it. message was created and received. but in the tab of "user Status" or anywhere else, How Would I know who created a Message including user profile etc..

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afi,

If you have the person's user id in the satelite system listed on the identification tab of their business partner (role: General) in this format it will be stored as the reported by.

example:

system id<space>installation number<space>client number<space>userid

R3P 1234567890 300 AFIC

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Yes, I have created partners and including full info in identification tab as you have mentioned. I'm wondering when I go to t-code CRM_DNO_MONITOR, on that main page, I want to know If a sender name can be shown there. However, when I double click the message and click on transaction data, Their it says the user name.

Please let me know if you have further suggestions.

Thanks and appreciated your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afi,

it sounds like your filter just isn't displaying the right field. Change the layout so Contact Person is included and save it as a variant.

Settings > Layout > Change

regards,

Jason

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jason H,

You were right. Now I can see however I want to.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thats great. But I think you forgot to reward the full points.

Niks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jason/Afi,

I am also having similar problem. Created the user who sends the message from satellite system as Business PArtner in solution manager, but still Reported by is empty and ofcourse i checked the identification tab and it got the SID Installation and userid details in the pattern suggested by Jason. One thing i am not clear is settings->layout->change, i did that but nothing changed. Any idea what could be theissue ?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Under identification tab in external BP no. put details as

<Server short name>space<client>space<search term

(which you have maintained in address tab or employee no.

of that user in satellite system)>

2) In ID type put CRM001

3) Under identification put details as <Server short

name>space<installation no.>space<client>space<search

term (which you have maintained in address tab or

employee no. of that user in satellite system)>

Try with this. And aslo maintain data under BP role employee

for the same BP as I have written in my above thread.

Regards,

Niks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niks,

Thanks for the reply. I checked the BP for that partner and under the identification tab the entries are showing exactly in the format as specified by you,but still same issue.

Also assume you fix this id by changing the pattern in the identification tab for that message as suggested by you, what will happen if another message comes from different user , do we need to change for that message also ?

Thanks

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murli,

You need to do the same for all user. Go to BP_GEN in solman and select the same server. Create BP from there and then check Ibase component for that BP.

There might be some problem with Ibase component. Take exact component for server from your basis team.

Regards,

Niks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before opening the thread i did BP_GEN process and it brought all the users from the satellite system client to solution manager BP. I selected the corrected ibase client and i am BASIS Admin.

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murli,

Have you done this?

Go to trns. BP>select BP role as "Employee"> Indentification tab--> Maintain user name same as user id of employee in satellite system or serch term you maintained while creating BP.

Try with this. It may solve your problem.

Regards,

Niks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have like Organizations, Persons, Groups in BP , where is Employee role ? otherwise the BP we created for thatuser is showing the userid in the identification properly.

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must have created BP under person, organisation or group. Display any existing BP, you will get employee role drill down menu select Employee(maintained) and in user name field enter search term which you have maintained in BP address tab or employee id in satellite system.

Reward the points for useful answer.

Regards,

Niks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I selected one of the BP (the id which is not showing in the reported by), changed to employee and found username tab in Identification Tab where i kept the same userid as in satellite system. Is this same username field you are telling ?

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murli,

You are right. Thats the same field I was talking about.

Have you tryed with that?

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i tried, but unfortunately it is still same, reported by is BLANK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to trns. BP>select BP role as "Employee"> Indentification tab--> Maintain user name same as user id of employee in satellite system or serch term you maintained while creating BP.

Try with this. It may solve ypur problem.

Reward the points for useful answer.

Regards,

Niks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

yes I have created business partner

Thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have created business partners for the users in the SolMan system?

Markuis