cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Quicksizer Result - for Unicode system or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i do a sizing for ECC6 with SAP Quicksizer ,whether the quick sizer result will be based on the assumption that the the target system will be Unicode? or whether we have to consider the Unicode System requirements additionally.

Regards,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The QuickSizer currently contains ABAP and Java Sizing information. It considers Unicode.

See page 2 in this link :

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000523272005

Edited by: Shaji Jacob on Apr 5, 2008 12:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,

Thanks for the reply,in the document it says Quick sizing Result Considers Unicode Requirements.Why i am asking this question is in a recent proposal from SAP for the architectural landscape they have addded 20% with the Quick sizer result for the additional Uniocde requirements.So i believe this is wrong(+20%) because its already considered in the quick sizing result.

In the document it says "CPU result for throughput-based sizings is calculated for a target utilization of 65 %."

Is it the same for User based sizing also?

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheriyan,

Please read this Blog : Interpreting Quick Sizer Results

/people/susanne.janssen/blog/2006/02/03/interpreting-quick-sizer-results

Frequently asked Questions on Quick Sizer results (Extract for the above blog)

Q: There are results for users and throughput. Do I have to add them?

A: No. They are obtained separately and should not be added. Ideally, they are similar. If there is a strong divergence between both results, there are probably entry errors in the questionnaires or wrong assumptions about the business case or user activity.

Q: Does the Quick Sizer consider Unicode?

A: Yes. just make sure that the corresponding SAPS ratings of the hardware configuration include Unicode as well.

/people/susanne.janssen/blog/2005/06/09/efficient-sap-hardware-sizing-quick-sizer

Read : Sizing the CPU

Cheers

Shaji