cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

HELLO !!

I have seen couple of foram messages where in people have suggested the option to use the JAVA mapping in XI to handle the special chars in message mapping.

I am wondering how the non-standard and non well formed xml data( e.g <tag> test&test </tag> )can be an input to the XI mappign ?

How does XI handles the non-format xml data ?

Non-formed : <tag> test&test </tag>

well Formed : <tag>test&amp;test </tag>

~~ THANKS ~~

~~Peeru I

Edited by: Peeru Indrani on Apr 5, 2008 12:18 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you don't have any payload-dependent processing in the message pipeline (for example, conditional routing), the message is processed up to the mapping step.

For XSLT & Message Mappings, the messages need to be well-formed XMLs.

For Java mappings, you can treat the messages before you actually parse it as an XML message (for example, you can input the stream into a "escapeSpecialChars" method).

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Henrique.

Your reply really makes sense to me. I still have a question.

In all XI documentation, it is written that XI only deals with the well formed XML messages ( correct me if I am wrong) So when the sender system is sending an invalid formed XML data, How does it enter into the XI pipeline without an error and reaches the java mapping ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if XI not using the any kind of transformation and mapping then it will proceed to xi and ix handle this file

but if file contain mapping or transformation then xi not handle these file,

it also contain the design object then also it will not handle

thanks

Regards

vijay

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> In all XI documentation, it is written that XI only deals with the well formed XML messages ( correct me if I am wrong)

Can you paste here an example of such documentation?

On the contrary, you can actually even handle non-text or non-XML files through XI. For example, there's a blog (by William Li, I think) that shows how to send pdf files through XI (using no repository objects).

So, if there's no payload-dependent processing, the message will reach up to the mapping step. You only won't be able to see the payload in the SXMB_MONI because it will error out since it's an invalid XML (you can right click and check the source code, anyway).

Try it on your own.

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (0)