cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Bank Information Error Message Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am customizing the ESS Bank Information service and I need to add a new error message for a new field. I would like the error checking to work the same way that the others in the service work, such as if you select direct deposit and do not input a bank key and acct number, it will show messages like:

"Enter the bank key"

and

"Enter a valid bank account number"

Does anyone know where those messages are stored and how the FPM raises them depending on a certain condition? I know how to raise messages in a custom web dynpro app, but I would like this message to behave like the others in ESS Bank Info service.

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Similar to a webdynpro application fpm messages are also raised on a certain condition.

FPM has a message manager of its own and offeres different methods signature then the

Web dynpro message manager. Following is an example of fpm message:

fpm.getMessageManager().reportMessage(wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent(), "ERROR", WDMessageType.ERROR, "Error Message"); 

Please check out the following SAP link for FPM:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/b4/139525380149a49c8402e22700e4ba/frameset.htm

"Interface IMessageManager"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the same situation and trying to add more error messages to a field in ESS. I have raised three error messages for a field using the standard webdynpro procedure. But, did not test it yet.

1) Should I not be following the standard webdynpro procedure to raise error messages in the case of ESS?

2) Should I raise the error messages through FPM message manager only, if I want to customise

the fields in ESS?

Could you explain this in more detail. I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

PG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Did you get to Figure out where to change the error messages? We also have a similar situation where we need to change the messages.

Let me know.

thanks,

Aditya