cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer able to preview billing documents after an upgrade to ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon.

Our users on the old 4.6C were able to preview (but not actually print) billing documents. After the upgrade to ECC 6.0, they lost the ability to do so

They receive a not authorized message to a sales organization. The SU53 check revealed no authorization for activity 04 on object V_VBRK_VKO. While this is correct, 04 is for actual printing or editing messages. I do not believe it ever stopped a user preview on 4.6C

Has anyone experienced an authorization checking change after an upgrade to ECC 6.0, where activity 04 is being checked against previewing billing documents?

Please advise

Moggie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you mean there is no authorization for V_VBRK_VK0? Try give the authorization or through SPAD check if the printer is locked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji

It's actually V_VBRK_VKO. And the activity checked was 4. The point I was making earlier was that activity 4 for accessing the sales organization was not required for previewing a document, only printing, on 4.6C

I did add activity 4 to the security role and the user was able to preview (and also print!). I was just curious if this was a result of additional security checking being introduced as part of the upgrade to ECC 6.0. I have found in past experiences of appying support packages for 4.6C that OSS notes will introduce some additional security checking, For example, OSS 626539 introduced a security block on transaction MIGO when branching from MB51. This caused us some headaches as we had to give access to MIGO as a transaction AND change authority under MIGO in order to restore the access.

Moggie