cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with IDOC occurence and SeeBurger message mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys

While developing a EDI 850 to IDOC scenario i came across this issue with pre-delivered Seeburger mapping(A_850_V4010_to_I_ORDERS05).

I actually need to post multiple IDOC's to SAP system in the same message so i changed the IDOC occurence to unbounded and re-imported that as a .XSD file in Integration repository.

Earlier the pre-delivered message mappings provided by SeeBurger(under SEEBURGER_HIGH-TECH, 1.7.1 of seeburger) was working fine for me since i was posting only 1 IDOC but now the mapping is failing as the IDOC occurence has changed(unbounded).

Is there a way we can do some settings on SeeBurger server or Bic so that we can use the pre-delivered mapping for Multiple IDOC's as well?

I just want to make sure before i start off with doing whole of the mapping manually.

Thanx

Aamir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Seeburger Mapping is only just to convert XML to EDI and EDI to XML.

In your case, you will be getting only one message and you need to post multiple Idocs from that Single message.

This is not a problem of seeburger mapping, the problem is with your XI mapping.

You need to map the top node of the Idoc according to your requirement based on the content of your input message.

Forget about Seeburger mapping,this is not the problem for your issue.

Just follow the steps correctly the way you will do for one file to multiple Idocs.You will get the solution.

-Deepthi.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

->I actually need to post multiple IDOC's to SAP system in the same message so i changed the IDOC occurence to unbounded and re-imported that as a .XSD file in Integration repository<-

The seeburger splits the EDI document on the basis of ST segments.

if 1 ST segment (one PO) then one message will created and a single IDOC will be posted in the backend.

..and same case for the mutiple ST segments...

If you want to post a single PO into multiple Sales orders based on some conditions ...grahical mapping will not be the right options..go for java mapping.

As we have posted multiple sales orders on the basis of Store ..

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for the input guys

@Deepthi.

Doing whole of mapping manualy is definitely the last option but i m looking for ways to re-use the pre-delivered SeeBurger mapping.

>>Seeburger Mapping is only just to convert XML to EDI and EDI to XML.

Bic mapping designer does this,i m dealing with message mapping of XI(convert source to target) not Bic designer right now,and Bic does more than just XML to EDI and vice versa,it handles other industry standards too.

@Jens

>>The XI message mappings from Seeburger in the Industry solutions are mapping templates

Yeah,but the mapping template i have deals with 850 to ORDERS05,when i change IDOC occurence and re-import it back in Integration repository,it doesn't stays as ORDERS05,it has to be changed to user defined message interface(in my case MI_ORDERS05) so i m unable to use 850 to ORDERS05 template.

@Seshagiri

>>Open the Seeburger SWCV From the IR--goto External Def---Select the right one and copy it and paste it in notepad.

Changing the occurence is not an issue,i want to re-use the pre-delivered mapping in Integration repository,which is not working.

Looks like i need to do it manually

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

We ended up copying the pre-delivered functions to our message mapping manually and then customizing it.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

As how you changed the Occurence of the IDOC by exporting it as xsd and import as External Def , similarly we can do it for the EDI Structure also.

Open the Seeburger SWCV From the IR--goto External Def---Select the right one and copy it and paste it in notepad.

Change the Occurence at propper place.And then re-import as External def and use it as Target Structure.

Similarly we can add the fields also for the EDI Structure by exporting it and Dont forget to add the Mapping program code in BIC to those corresponding added fields.

If you open the Mapping program in BIC means we can see the Mapping code inside the every fields. so similarly we need to maintain for the added fields also.

Finally dont forget to make the .SDA file and Deploy the same on XI Server using SDM

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

The XI message mappings from Seeburger in the Industry solutions are mapping templates. Therefor they can be used as starting point for your mapping development. So it is absolutely fine to copy the mapping into your development namespace and change it to your requirement.

Cheers,

Jens