cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Z cannot be generated due to errors -> long text

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I activate my wda, I get this message, but there is no long text. Does someone know how I can find out what the problem is?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Have you done a syntax check on the component. Generally if there is a problem the syntax check will tell you exactly what it is. Otherwise we are all just guessing here.

You might also try the following. With the Web Dynpro Component loaded in SE80, choose the following from the main menu of the workbench: Web Dynpro Component -> Check -> Generation Limits.

If you have too many views or your Component is unusually large you can reach the generation limit. This can lead to errors during generation (although generally I remember the error message being more descriptive than what you posted here).

Also this message you listed mentions long text. Have you double clicked on the error message and viewed the long text to see if there are more details there?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

update the context node mapping in all views and then try

Former Member
0 Kudos

such errors come when the reference are not found for eg: context node used in the view, and in case context node is deleted the view mapping refernece is lost.

Ensure you delete view node mappings too, I've corrected my error likewise, hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NG. I'm doing it within a view. Where is this long text? I click on the help box and get the same message fed back to me.

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the mandatory parameters of all UI elemenst are binded. For example you have a input filed and value property of the input field is not binded, this will result in error.

Similarily check if all the mandatory parameters of all the UI lements are mapped to some attribute in context nodes.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Today I came acrooss the long text error when I was trying to activate a web dynpro component.

I have done and syntax check on the complete component and found that some context nodes were referred to structures and attributes were mapped form the structure to the node.

After that some fields were deleted from the structure , however they still exist in the node. This has caused the error.

May be this one of the causes for the long text error in your case also.This is just an assumption of your case.Try to check the context node which are referred to structures.

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

Try acivating one by one view and see where the problem is. Then may be you get an idea where the problem is.