cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer String based on IModifiableSimpleValueSet as a parameter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a String context str1 that has been initialized using IModifiableSimpleValueSet.

I would like to pass these values to a String in a different component but I don't want to do it through context mapping but as a parameter. The problem is that if I'll just pass the String context str1 itself as is the values will not transfer with it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

Maybe I didn't understand your requirement but why don't move 'com.sap.typeservices.IModifiableSimpleValueSet' as parameter?

Omri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omri,

I will do that but how do I assign it to a String based context element on the receiving side in order to use it there as a dropdown by key values?

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps I should rephrase my question:

Suppose I have 3 components that their views displays drop downs with 5 static values: A,B,C,D,E and I have a service component that provides services to these 3 components.

One of the services I would like to provide is this list of values which, once returned, will be applied to a context element of type drop down by key.

What's the best way of doing this?

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make use of events.

Fire the event with the param from first component and let the second component subscribe the same.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj,

I'm sorry but I don't see how events are related to this issue.

I didn't ask how to transfer that as a parameter, that I know.

Events use parameters and the problem is that a IModifiableSimpleValueSet based String context cannot be transferred as a parameter along with it's data.

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i could understand your rewuirement correctly

Try to make a parameter of type Set and pass the Imodifiablesimple value set

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming I'll do that, how will I assign it to the String Context element at the receiving side? It can accept only Strings.

I know I can itertate over the Set and create another IModifiableSimpleValueSet at the receiving side but the whole idea of the sending method is that it should generate this IModifiableSimpleValueSet once and send it to other components who need it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone...?