cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to load XI Mail Adapter screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using XI 3.0 how to load or how to configure XI mail adaptor, will I goto RWB or some tcode?

Please advised...

One more thing, is there any way I send xml messages for some others user eaiml?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with this

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--step-by-step

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3c/b4a6490a08cd41a8c91759c3d2f401/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you very much for great information; but my problem still there... basically I would like to send xml messages send to email such as lotus nots.... thats all

When ever I asked anyone everyone provided some URL which is not any sequence, I did' t know how to follow thease....

Right now I have XML messages comes from SXMB_MONI I can see these messages and I am pretty sure SAPconnect woring fine in XI 3.0 i can eamil internaly like tcode so01

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0b4580be-0601-0010-d3ad-bd6ce51a...

I am follow above doc. and in page no 16 "Create GRMG Customizing file" I am stick in there... please anyone can open above URL and goto page no 16... and pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee tell me how to create GRMG file step by step with tcode...

and tell me if I am doing right?

I will never forget your help buddies

Thanks in Advanced

Travis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Travis,

you have to go SAP service marketplace and then open SAP Note 634771 and there you will see a template file, so just download this file to your local system...........then according to the above url, go to step 2 for creating RFC destination in transaction SM59..............Then in the third step you can upload this file to your XI server.

you can ask your XI Basis guys to get this template file for you because they will have a userid for SAP service marketplace.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for reply me very fast...

I have access to get sap notes, I download that file in my computer in local c: drive... and read that note

its look like this:

" Units 14 or 15 (for Release 2.0 or 3.0) of the 'Configuration Guide' for the Exchange Infrastructure describe how you can include Java components in CCMS monitoring. To activate heartbeat monitoring for the individual Java components, you must create a file containing the GMRG Customizing in XML format for each component. This note contains a template that you can use for all components. The file SAP_XI30_GRMG_Cust_Template.txt under 'Attachments' is valid for all releases as of SAP XI 3.0 (SAP_BASIS 6.40). You want to activate CCMS monitoring to monitor the Java components of an XI landscape. "

its said Units 14 and 15 configuration guide, where may i get that? can i download somewhere ? do you have URL please?

about RFC connection what is the name of RFC connection and what path I will define that ?

and will create under what TCP/IP? what it will be RFC description ? and connection type?

please advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Travis,

just look at the bottom of the SAP note 634771...........there you will see two attachments.......download the template file for XI 3.0 from here...

create the RFC destination as suggested by the above url.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thing we are pretty closed to resolve this problem;

ok i am here, I download that file in my computer in c: drive

and goto sm59 to create RFC connection in above url said someitng like this

" Create RFC Destination Call transaction SM59 and create HTTP Connections to External Server for each scenario previously defined. Target Host and Service No. are the host name and the HTTP port of your J2EE Engine. The Path Prefix for each scenario is described in the GRMG template file. Use the RWB user for Logon/Security. Update the scenstarturl entry of the GRMG customizing file for each component with its HTTP destination. "

Ok, in SM59 I selected "HTTP connection to Ext. Server" then click create now its asking me RFC destination: what I put in there?

and what I put connection type?

please advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Travis,

the RFC conn name system is asking for a name to your this RFC conn.......so you can give any name to it as you want eg you can call it XI_GRMG_AF_SLD and then you can open this template file and see what is the path written for SLD........basically you will have to create many RFCs as the screenshot is showing for RWB, DIRECTORY etc in the url..............

what I put connection type? - take G as conn type

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good

I am still in RFC connection I put destination name: XI_GRMG_SLD and save entry

Sould I have to put target host in rfc screen and fill it out all entries?

if your answer is YES then what is then what is service no. ?

lot of thing confouseing in there... or just destination name is ok?

I open that txt file but where shoud i check path for that?

please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Travis,

ok...........you have to do a lot of work..........so be patient................

see the template file you have downloaded has different sections for RWB, SLD etc.......let us take SLD.....

now for target host give the IP address of your XI server

for service number give the J2EE port of your XI server

you can ask the above information from your XI Basis guys

now here you see the URL is http://hostname:port/sld/rtc , so i think you can take just /sld/rtc as path

now see the SAP note 634771 again..........go to solution and read second point..........so you will have to edit your template file with the hostname information whererever the hostname is written..............and in SM59 take XIRWBUSER for logon data.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Edited by: RAJEEV GUPTA on Apr 7, 2008 3:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gupita

Thanks a lot you know, I been trying to setup more then 1 month for that but still lot of confousing.... now I thing i am good track

ok I put target host name xi host name and define port as well and tried to test connection its ok no error

and tried to go http://hostname:port/sld

its show show system landscape directory screen with thease options:

System Landscapes

View and configure groups of systems.

Technical Landscape

View and define systems, servers, and clients of your system landscape.

Business Landscape

View and configure business systems for use in the Exchange Infrastructure (XI).

Software

Software Catalog

Development

Name Reservation

Manage name reservation for development.

Content Maintenance

View and change generic CIM data.

Class Browser

I am reading notes again and i will noke you again if i can't understand

i love your help

thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, again

In RFC destination: XI_GRMG_SLD

Technical setting: Target host: xihost services no: xiport

path: /sld/rtc

login security tab: security option radio select: basis authentication

login user name: XIRWBUSER

password: RWBUSER password

TEST Connection (no error and get some information)

can you please tell me what is next step please where should I go and what I have to do that txt file

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gupta

This is Travis again, thanks for you help, ok I done thease :-

1. download SAP_XI30_GRMG_Cust_Template.txt file in my computer

2. Goto SM59 and create connection like XI_GRMG_SLD with path /sld/rtc

3. Tested connection "no error"

4. Open file and copy different name like sap_XI30_SLD.txt changed or replaced blow line to

<scenstarturl>HTTP_RFC_Destination_for_runtime_check_of_System_Landscape_Directory</scenstarturl>

Replaced to

<scenstarturl>RFC connection named</scenstarturl>

and 2nd line hostname and define port name as well

only copy this scenario only like XISLD ok

5. goto GRMG and upload that file and start it look like fine and shows Green check sign

Can you please tell me whats next

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Travis,

now just go to section 4 and in that to section 4.2 directly and create your alert category by ALRTCATDEF transaction.......define long text for your alert............give fixed reciepients for your alert..............give alert rule in RWB in alert configuration..........trigger your scenario and check whether you get an alert for it in your fixed reciepients alert inbox in RWB.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, gupta

Can I please get your yahoo eamil address.... if you don't mind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Travis,

i do not mind it but it is not according to SDN guidelines so sorry cannot help you with it.

i will recommend you to post your query here in SDN in your this thread so that any person who has faced an issue similar to you can help you out including me if possible

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Edited by: RAJEEV GUPTA on Apr 8, 2008 2:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Allright!!!

Ok lets start next; as you know I done lot of work yesterday!!! now I am follow this URL and step 5

can you please look at it

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/24/xi-configuring-ccms-monitoring-for-xi-part-i

its said Step 5 : Choose Maintain system groups from the Technical infrastructure menu and define the system group ExchangeInfrastructure_Systems

But when I goto RZ21 and select maintain system groups its does't show ExchangeInfrastructure_Systems it just shows and under 640_systems its show XDV which is our XI system with YES... but where is ExchangeInfrastructure_Systems

46C_Systems

620_Systems

640_Systems

XDV XI Development System Yes

700_Systems

<SYSTEMS_WATCHED_BY_4XAGENTS>

ADABAS D_Systems

CSM_Known_Systems

INFORMIX_Systems

J2EE_Systems

ORACLE_Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Travis,

go to RZ21 transaction, go to step 3 and then open the window for Maintain System groups............now in this window, you have Maintain Groups button, click it and in the dropdown you will see create system group........click it and give ExchangeInfrastructure_Systems as the new group name and continue...........then you will get your ExchangeInfrastructure_Systems group.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I created group but its not show as a group its show like Item blow URL its show like this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/upload/done/

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gupita

Travis,

I am kind of confouse right now, why i done GRMG configuration and create secronios....?

what is the link between RZ20 and RZ21 and GRMG why we are creating own monitors theres?

I will send some URL for how its look like

please

With heading

exchangeInfrastructure_systems

CCMS

CCMS2

GRMG

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25222280@N03/2397974445/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25222280@N03/2397974429/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25222280@N03/2398803974/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25222280@N03/2397974409/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25222280@N03/?saved=1

Thnaks a lot

please what i can do next....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Travis again, Sorry for bother you! but i am stick in some points:-

I am using XI 3.0 with SAP 640 with SP20... trying to setup XML messages to eamil with different users, I been working more then 1 months and when ever i need help someone give me different url which is not sequence.... I would like to know step by step from starting how many steps I have to do....

I have been done till now

1. SAPconnect works fine... SMTP setup works fine...

2. I tried to create and mondify GRMG file and done XI_SLD seconario for testing purpose

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25222280@N03/2397974445/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25222280@N03/2397974429/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25222280@N03/2398803974/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25222280@N03/2397974409/

These are screenshot for I done... someone told me you can create alert from RZ21 or RZ20 my question if I am create my own using RZ20 or RZ21 why I create and mondify GRMG seutp what is the link between them and where I will define email address for user(s) ?

I want modify XML messages and define different users email to sent them automatically.... when I read SAP doc. all about auto reaction method setup and configuration....

can anyone please explain step by step what I need to configure first... i know you guys are busy but if you give me little time i will be really appriciated it

Thanks in advanced

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We are using XI30 SAP640 SP20 and trying to create Alerts to eamil setup

SAPconnect is working fine... all eamil works fine... in SAP system

System Name XDV

Follow this documents pdf file URL blow:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0b4580be-0601-0010-d3ad-bd6ce51a...

I am sending some paragraph arcording my probelm; someting I didn't understand please help me out

If you open above URL and check page number I having problem

QUESTION NO.1 Page No. 4.

3.1.1 Runtime Workbench Configuration

ICF Services

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/spi_monitor for example this services

all services are actived but when I right click any of them getting an error messages ?

Will it efect somewhere ?

QUESTION NO.2 Page No. 6

System Group Entry

When I check System Group Entry in RZ21 It does show XDV which is our XI system name with "YES" but

under Group name is "System 640" not as a documents said ExchangeInfrastructure_System

is that ok ?

QUESTION NO.3 Page No. 8

Set Up the Central Alert Server

In doc. said RFC dest alert server: None

In my system define our XI system host name forexample: xdbcixdv

sould I have to put none or is ok?

QUESTION NO. 3 Page No. 9

3.ICF Services: Activate the following services in SICF

some services are not listed in ICF such as

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/alertinbox

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/alertsubscription

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/alertpersonalize

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/alertpersonalize_rules

When I tried to create its not take longer 15 char. I eamil to SAP they said its ok but services

are running in background... i am not sure they are answer...? what do you thing?

QUESTION NO.4 Page No. 9 (same page)

4. Schedule Alert Processing

I didn't define schedule, sould I have to do that ? if yes, what sould I do that

and what kind of Variant report name should I select ?

QUESTION NO.5 Page No. 10

6. Schedule Report

What kind of Report does it said and why we need to do that ?

QUESTINO NO.6 Page No. 10

3.2 End-to-End Monitoring

its show PMI what is that for ? what does it do for alert

QUESTINO NO.7 Page No. 13

3. Schedule Alert Report

I didn't define background job, I will do that so what varlant should I select ?

QUESTION NO.8 Page No.14

4. Create System Group

When I tried to create its never create like Group its does show only sub-group

why ? I want its show same as picture like yellow folder or group

Exchangeinfrastructure_System

as I maintion above its show my XDV system under group System640 with monitoring active YES

is that ok ?

QUESTION NO.9 Page No. 15

6. Exchange Infrastructure Monitor

When I goto RZ20 and select SAP CCMS Monitor Template, its show Exchange Infrastructure

When I select it just show gray color look like disabled why is that that why its does not

shows like picture shows ?

QUESTINO NO.10 Page No. 16

1. Create GRMG Customizing File

Goto sap notes and download file in my computer change name like xdv_sld.txt

change scenario only system landscape directory for testing purpose

goto GRMG and updated that file and start it

its show GREEN check mark which is running fine no errors

Remember I just only change system landscape directory and create RFC connection

with test connection no errors...:), i will be create some more RFC connecitno first

I have to makesure its will works fine... or not ?

question is that will I have to create all others at this time or 1 is ok ?

QUESTINO NO.11 Page No. 18

2. Use Standard XI Monitor as Basis

can you please tell me what monitor should I select ? from the list ?

QUESTION NO.12 Page No. 19

1. Create an Alert Category

What kind of Alert category will I create, I treid ALRTCATDEF and copy some other category was there

like XDV_ALRT thats it ?

can you please tell me what alert category sould I select or where should I go?

QUESTINO NO.13 Page No. 21

5. Define Recipients

I would like to define some user like basis and other users sould I have to define there ?

and what about next picture "SAP_XI_MONITOR" should I have to define that roules alwyas?

QUESTINO NO.14 Page No. 22

7. Alert Inbox

When I goto Alertinbox does't show any messages at all; ? what i am missing

QUESTINO NO.15 Page No. 24

1. Create Alert Category for CCMS

I didn't understand from page no 24 to till end why we are create again some alert for CCMS

why we need that?

Please can you tell me thease answse or any create dummy alert for testing, will be very

help for me

Thanks a lot in Advance

Travis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check some links on receiver mail adapter.......if u need some doc on receiver mail adpter .....give me ur mail id.

Receiver Mail Adapter.

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/community.user/blog/2006/09/07/email-reporting

/people/community.user/blog/2006/09/08/email-report-as-attachment-excelword

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--step-by-step

eMail Reporting

/people/community.user/blog/2006/09/07/email-reporting

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you very much for great information; but my problem still there... basically I would like to send xml messages send to email such as lotus nots.... thats all

When ever I asked anyone everyone provided some URL which is not any sequence, I did' t know how to follow thease....

Right now I have XML messages comes from SXMB_MONI I can see these messages and I am pretty sure SAPconnect woring fine in XI 3.0 i can eamil internaly like tcode so01

I am follow above doc. and in page no 16 "Create GRMG Customizing file" I am stick in there... please anyone can open above URL and goto page no 16... and pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee tell me how to create GRMG file step by step with tcode...

and tell me if I am doing right?

I will never forget your help buddies

Thanks in Advanced

Travis