cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE

vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We just upgrade out BW system 3.1 Content and upgraded to BI7.0. Now I am getting the messages:

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.CO2MAPINF~0, value: PSAPEL700D

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.CO2MAP~0, value: PSAPEL700D

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.CO2MAP~IDX, value: PSAPEL700D

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.D342L~0, value: PSAPEL700D

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.D344L~0, value: PSAPEL700D

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.D346T~0, value: PSAPEL700D

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.DDFTX~0, value: PSAPEL700D

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.DDFTX~1, value: PSAPEL700D

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.DYNPLOAD~0, value: PSAPEL700D

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.DYNPTXTLD~0, value: PSAPEL700D

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.O2PAGINC~0, value: PSAPEL700D

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.O2PAGRT~0, value: PSAPEL700D

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.REPOLOAD~0, value: PSAPEL700D

So I figure it must be looking for the index tablespace. So I drop and recreate them. Wrong:

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.CO2MAPINF~0, value: PSAPEL700I

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.CO2MAP~0, value: PSAPEL700I

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.CO2MAP~IDX, value: PSAPEL700I

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.D342L~0, value: PSAPEL700I

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.D344L~0, value: PSAPEL700I

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.D346T~0, value: PSAPEL700I

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.DDFTX~0, value: PSAPEL700I

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.DDFTX~1, value: PSAPEL700I

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.DYNPLOAD~0, value: PSAPEL700I

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.DYNPTXTLD~0, value: PSAPEL700I

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.O2PAGINC~0, value: PSAPEL700I

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.O2PAGRT~0, value: PSAPEL700I

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE, object: (index) SAPR3.REPOLOAD~0, value: PSAPEL700I

So how can I tell what the 'right' tablespace is? And why did this happen in the first place when all we did was the SAP upgrade?

I have piled over notes (117219, 33814, 655162 being the most recent) but I can't find WHERE these are supposed to be. Where does BRCONNECT get it's information?

Thanks!

Vince

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vince,

I had the exact same problem a year ago.

read the following note:

Note 946135 - Error in RSUPDTEC creates incorrect entries in IAORA

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vince.

A couple of quick points -

1. In the old days, IN_WRONG_TABLESPACE was an important check for performance. We laid out certain datafiles on specific sets of disks, and avoided mixing tables, indexes, and so forth. These days, with abstracted physical drives, that check is not of much interest at least for performance. I think many SAP databases have that check turned off (in DBCHECKORA via DB17ORA).

2. Do get current on brtools, especially if you use brconnect to collect stats. Patch 32 of release 700 is very much improved.

At any rate, the check for each table works by -

1. Get the TABART from DD09L for each table name.

2. Get the TABSPACE from TAORA

If TABSPACE matches the real TABLESPACE for the table, then the check passes.

The indexes per table are checked with the TABART in IAORA.

Another table, TSORA, aligns the tablespaces for tables and indexes. That is about it. Your old BW was installed with the old tablespace layout. The upgrade put tables in new tablespaces but didn't massage TAORA/IAORA/TSORA into shape.

Reorgs also make for WRONG tablespaces. If you use BRSPACE to move objects between tablespaces, BRSPACE keeps TAORA/IAORA up-to-date. But, if you use Oracle tools, then SAP doesn't know about tablespace moves, and the check complains a lot.

OSS note 154193 advises that it is OK to update TABART in DD09L directly, so you can get the check to pass that way. Just make DD09L, TAORA, IAORA, and TSORA entries match the real storage. Note 666061 talks more about these relationships too.

BTW, at one time, SAP upgrades would blow up if SAP tables were in "wrong" tablespaces. I read that the upgrade tools are cleaned up now so that problem does not happen.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vince,

which BR*Tools version are you using?

As you told you have upgraded to BI 7.0 and the "default" tablespace layout has changed.

Maybe the information in the tables TAORA and IAORA is wrong - please check your objects, if they are assigned to the right tablespace.

To get more information about the new tablespace layout - take a look at the sapnotes #355771 and #957917.

Regards

Stefan

vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the qucik reply.

Yes I knew the default tablespace changed but we did the upgrade with SAP software and only did what the upgrade suggested. There was nothing about going to a new tablespace layout. Now, a new installation, which we happened to be doing at the same time, used the new layout and therefore we don't get the error.

So... how do I fix it and how do I prevent it when we upgrade the next BW system?

Brtools v 30 (yeah, I know - there are probably newer versions already out).

But my original question is how does Brconnect know where anindex/tablespace is supposed to go? How can I learn this apparently deep, dark secret?

Thanks!

Vince

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It is quite a while that I do not look at it and I do not have a SAP system at hand, so some "terms" probably will be wrongly named.

But you can get the idea:

Each table has assigned a class (go to SE11, technical Settings)

The class has assigned a tablespace (TAORA and IAORA)

Brconnect checks that the tablespace for the class and the tablespace where the table/index is match.

If it does not match, then Tpu get the error.

For example, you create a new tablespace directly at oracle level.

Then this tablespace is not "saved" on the SAP data dictionary, it does not have a class

Then you use an external tool to move a table to this tablespace. The table class is not updated.

BRconnect will report two errors here

1) the tablespace does not has a class

2) the table is on the wrong tablespace