cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control SAP gui version that is allowed to login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to control which version of SAP gui is allowed to log into SAP server (2004s)?

I have an unknown number of old gui installations and It would be nice to disallow login based on sapgui version.

Thanks,

Menelaos Maglis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi read the note 147519. Als go to service.sap.com/sapgui and service.sap.com/pam. Regards. Award if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, this is not what I meant. I am not interested on sap gui versions in general and compatability.

I want to stop sap gui versions other than the one I want from loggin in to the sap system.

e.g.: I want only sap gui 7.10 to loggin and not an older version 6.40 or 6.20. I would like to forbid loggin into the system by these older versions.

I hope, it is now clear.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Read th Note 609863 - How to lock out users using GUIs of wrong version. May be it's help.

Also manualy you can check in SM51 the version of GUI --> go to SM51, press ctrlshiftf7, after press ctrl+f8

add field gui version, you can see gui versions of logged users, as i'm understand the sap not have any standart program to help you, you need to create some user-exit with ABAP programmers. Regards.

Regards.

Answers (0)