cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound 855 EDI PO Acknowledgement Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to take an 855 EDI PO Acknowledgement Transaction, and have the price on the PO and the delivery date on the PO automatically change.

When we process the IDoc for the 855 EDI PO acknowledgement, we can see that the new delivery date is put on another field on the PO (instead if chaning the delivery date on the PO line item). Also, we cannot get the price to change.

Has anyone been successful to change the PO price and delivery date when processing the inbound IDoc for the 855 EDI PO Acknowledgement transaction?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bonnie,

I'm not sure if you solved this one yet, but here are a few ideas.

The IDoc would be an ORDRSP message type. The quantity and date would be in e1edp20-wmeng and e1edp20-edatu. When the IDoc is processed it will not change the delivery dates on the PO, it will be entered on the PO as a confirmation for that quantity and date. So if you have a PO for quantity 10, there could be two e1edp20 segments on the IDoc, one for a quantity of 6 on one date and one for a quantity of 4 on another date. For this IDoc you would get two confirmation lines on the confirmations tab in the item detail on the PO. These lines are in the ekes table. They are stored as AB confirmations. There are also LA confirmations on this same tab and same table that come from the 856 advance ship notification.

The price would be brought in the e1edp01 segment in the vprei (price) and peinh (per) fields for per unit pricing or in the netwr field if it is an extended value. The vprei/peinh is put in the EDI1 condition field on the PO and the netwr is put in the EDI2 condition field. For this to work, you have to have those two conditions in your PO price procedure. You also have to have the confirmation control key configured to accept the price.

The function module used for all of this is IDOC_INPUT_ORDRSP.

We are in the midst of getting this implemented and have had to redo a lot of our processes centered around the po delivery date. This has been very painful for us, but we hope it pays off in the long run. Our previous process was to use a custom function module that would call a BDC (now we would use the BAPI_CHANGE_PO) that would directly change the delivery dates (eket table).

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions and I'll try to help.

Jack Schmitz

Border States Electric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jack ,I know this thread is close but I see you worked on IDOC a lot.If you still active here please answer my following questions.

I have 2 questions.

1.In 850 outbound EDI how I can send the terms and policy of our company.In Print and Fax you can easily send it but you can achieve this 850 Outbound EDI.We are using Biz talk for mapping.

2.In 855 inbound IDOC if we have any difference in Price, Quantity,Delivery Date and unit of measure we like to have error in IDOC.Please let me know if I need to make any config change for this .

Any help will be great !

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check if IDOC has updated values in E1EDP03-DATUM (for IDDAT as 001) and VPREI field under E1EDP01.

Regards,

Srilatha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What IDoc type an I supposed to be using and what Inbound function module?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I did check the values in E1EDP03-DATUM (for IDDAT as 001) and VPREI field under E1EDP01.