cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ensmon error for SAP Java SCS on SLES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am getting the following error when i run ensmon for Java SCS Instance on SLES 10.

ep3adm@vcslinux245:~> ensmon pf=/usr/sap/EP3/SYS/profile/EP3_SCS04_sapep4scs 2

Try to connect to host service sapdp04

could not create connection to enqueue server

ep3adm@vcslinux245:~> echo $?

ep3adm@vcslinux245:~>

Also when I run the command for ABAP SCS or ABAP+Java (A)SCS i am not getting the error.

Here is the dev_ensmon output for the command.

ep3adm@vcslinux245:~> cat dev_ensmon

-

trc file: "dev_ensmon", trc level: 3, release: "700"

-

Fri Apr 4 17:49:20 2008

EncCliInit: enque/con_timeout = 5000, enque/con_retries 3, slots: 3

EnsaCliRegisterCom: new connection layer EncCli registered in slot 0

EncCliCon: get slot for con to /sapdp04

EncCliCon:hostname unknown

• ERROR => EnsaCliICreateHandle: cannot get handle from layer 0 (EncCli): rc=-2 [ensacli.c 1025]

• ERROR => EnsaCliGetHandle: failed to create new handle (7) [ensacli.c 238]

:registerGlobalOpcode: try to register action Get replication information for opcode 2

EnsMonMenu:addAction: added action 3: Get a file from the enqueue server

EnsMonMenu:registerGlobalOpcode: try to register action Get a file from the enqueue server for opcode 3

EnsMonMenu:addAction: added action 4: Set/get trace status information on/from the enque server

EnsMonMenu:registerGlobalOpcode: try to register action Set/get trace status information on/from the enque server for opcode 4

EnsMonInitialize: opcode = 2 (2)

EnsMonInitialize: 1 parameters to opcode:

0: 2

NiIInit: allocated nitab (2048 at 0x2ac801768010)

NiHsLInit: alloc host/serv bufs (100/100 entries)

NiPGetNodeAddrList: got 5 interface(s) from operating system

[ 0-lo ] IPv4-Address: 127.0.0.1 UP

[ 1-eth0 ] IPv4-Address: 10.212.89.118 UP

[ 2-eth0:2 ] IPv4-Address: 10.212.89.171 UP

[ 3-eth0:3 ] IPv4-Address: 10.212.89.173 UP

[ 4-eth0:4 ] IPv4-Address: 10.212.89.170 UP

***LOG Q0I=> NiPGetHostByName2: hostname '' not found: gethostbyname_r [niuxi.c 1529]

NiHsLGetNodeAddr: hostname '' not found by operation system

• ERROR => EnCliConnection:constructor: failed to setup connection: rc=7 [enadmcli.cpp 135]

• ERROR => EnsMonNetworkInit: could not create connection to enqueue server (error) [ensmon.cpp 836]

ep3adm@vcslinux245:~>

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

the last line before the error messages in the dev-trace looks like the essential line. It sais: "EncCliCon:hostname unknown". The ensmon needs to know on which host the enqueue server is running on. This is told any C enqueue client by the profile parameter enque/serverhost (java clients get this information differently). Usually the enque/serverhost parameter is not set in the SCS/ASCS profile as the server does not need to know where it is running (it has other wais to determine that anyway), but if your start ensmon with the profile of an SCS then your have to add this profile parameter to the profile.

Hope I could help you.

Regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. It worked!

Answers (0)