cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

passing data from one view to other using internal table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to store the data from the RFC call into an internal table which intern will be used by the next view to compare data with context.

Any idea how to go about it?

Regards,

Ronita.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member515618
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ronita,

Could you be a bit more clear about your requirement.

Are you calling the RFC from webdynpro application. If yes, do you want to capture the data from the RFC and pass it to another view?

In the view where you are calling the RFC, Create a context node with the same structure as that of the

export table that gets the data.

Create another node of same structure in Component controller.

Go to the first view and map the context with component controller.

Go to the second view, Drag and drop the Component controller node into the context. It creats the same node in view2 and also defined the mapping.

So when data is fetched it is mapped to Component controller and now that there is a mapping to the 2nd view. Data automatically flows to the context node in view2. Here you can acces the data.

Hope this is what you want.

Regards,

Sravan varagani

Edited by: Sravan Varagani on Apr 4, 2008 5:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cant this be done using some internal tables? if at all?

former_member515618
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ronita,

Yes you can define some internal tables in attributes tab of component controller. When function module is called update the internal table.

Now that it is defined at component controller, this can be accessed in all th views.

One over head hear is that you have to ensure that the right data is there in the tables.

There is also a concept called CONTEXT_LOG for context nodes, in an application, if user changes some values bound to a context, a log is maintained. It gives us the old and new values of any given element if changed.

Please refer to the below link for more details.Link:[Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/47/a8e5d273b12fe2e10000000a42189d/content.htm].

Regards,

Sravan Varagani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ronita......

getting internaltable from rfc will be no issue for you. now create a node in the coponent controller of the same structure as the internal table. once you get this internal table, pass the values to that node which later can be picked by the next view.

---regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what exactly i need to do is, get the record data from the tables with the RFC call..

for the first view STEP 1 :EDIT: populate edit table and let the user edit the data in it.--thats done.

next i need to highlight the edited cells(so i need to compare the buffer data ie the original data with the context ie that has edityed data now )so i store the data in a buffer (which could be an internal tableas communicating via component controller context might delay the entire process. )

So how to go about it?

Thanks ,

Ronita.