cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query server name where a BLS tran is executed ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is there a possibility to query the server name where a BLS transaction is executed from within the transaction?

Use: The transaction should be able to decide if called on a test server or in production. I am looking for a logic that lets the tran know without someone having to change transaction or local properties when deploying the tran to production.

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make use of the Global Properties I guess.

But why would a transaction have production/test server specific properties?Values definitely are different but properties?I am unable to understand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udayan,

imagine the following situation: a BLS collects data, creates a file and FTPs the file to a server. The test on the test xMII system was ok. Now you want to deploy the BLS to the xMII production server. However, the FTP target is different in Test and Production. How would you manage it?

I am looking for a solution where I do not have to change BLS properties before deploying. The tran should know if it runs in test or production environment. So my first idea was: check the server then you can decide if Test or Production.

Are there other ideas? My main goal is that I want a transaction which can run in both test and production environment without source change, and run differently depending on the environment.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Michael.

This is exactly what "Global Properties" were created for. You can use global properties to store this type of information - either the FTP destinations themselves, or a "flag" that indicates some specific behavior (e.g. test vs development, write vs read, etc.).

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick and Udayan,

thanks for remembering me of my xMII training looong time ago.

I was confused by the fact that the "Global" menu item only appears if a transaction is being edited and thought it only refers to this transaction. I have defined "Environment" as property now.

Thanks!

Michael

Answers (0)