cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a model from XMI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm quite new with web dynpros and I'm trying to import a model from a XMI file generated by Together.

I created a Java Modeling Project with only one class called Client, and then I imported it as a model in my web dynpro project. The problem is when I create a data link between this model and my Custom Controller (I create the Model Node and reference it to the model), I get an error in a class called Internal<Custom Controller name>.java. The error is:

<i>Client cannot be resolved or is not a type</i>

If I add a jar file with the Client.java (which I created in the modeling project) and then add an import, the error disappears, but I shouldn't modify that class!

Any idea? Is there any tutorial or document that shows how to import a XMI? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Lionel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read those documents (they are similar), but they don't say much about the web dynpro. There is another document saying I should add my class as an external jar to my project, but it still doesnt work. The errors I get are in the following classes:

IPublic<Custom Controller>.java

Internal<Custom Controller>.java

The errors are:

Clients (my class) cannot be resolved or is not a type

gen_modelInstance cannot be resolved

Any thoughts?

Lionel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi the following link has the information about ur query.

it also mentions about the model importing from TogetherSoft.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/c5/a9592b4405c140b86f5a2e7aecc0ae/content.htm

satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks Sameer for the answer. I saw that link, it did help me to build the Together model.

What should I do with the .java that is generated in the Together Modeling Project (my Client.java class)? Should I export it as a jar and then include it in the java build path of my web dynpro project (that is what Im currently doing)? Because that is my problem, it doesnt seem to find my class.

Thanks,

Lionel