cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Business System Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some queries with Exporting the Business System between the DEV and QTY servers

I have gone through this Help file and have few queries

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm

We are in 2 seperate SLD's

In DEV Server

I have created BS as SAP_Dev

I want the BS naming in Quality server as SAP_Qty.

Queries:

1) Do i need to create the Quality BS i.e SAP_Qty in DEV Server inorder to configure Transport Groups??

2) Do i need to create the Quality BS i.e SAP_Qty in QTY Server????

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i think u need to maintain T.S and B.S in quality also

check the below link for reference

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e76e511-0d01-0010-5c9d-9f768d64...

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Yes. Group as well as SAP_Qty has to be created on Dev SLD also.

2. Either u create it or import from Dev

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

We have 2 different seperate SLD's

While creating the Transport groups for Business system in SLD we have to assign the Integration server to that corresponding Business system.

I can select the integration server for DEV server's BS only here then what abt Quality's BS and corresponding IS??

How to do this???

Regards

Bopanna

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On Qty, both Qty_Group and Dev_Group should be present. so u have to create the technical and business system of Dev on the Qty SLD also

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please be specific abt the Issue

Can you please explain the steps wise

REgards

Bopanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

>>On Qty, both Qty_Group and Dev_Group should be present. so u have to create the technical and business system of Dev on the Qty SLD also

If u ask me Iam in the very begining itself of creating the Transport groups for DEV Server and QTY Server

Can any one concentrate on creating the Transport Groups for DEV as well as QTY servers.

The problem here is While creating the Transport groups for Business system in SLD we have to assign the Integration server to that corresponding Business system.This is done for DEV Business system.

I can select the integration server for DEV server's BS only

here then what abt Quality's BS and corresponding Integration server selection here.

In DEV Server i can select only IS of DEV Server.But while creating the Transport group for QTY, i have to select the IS of Qty Server.

How is this possible

REgards

Bopanna

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

here then what abt Quality's BS and corresponding Integration server selection here.

As i mentioned earlier, in the SLD of Qty create 2 groups and not in SLD of Dev.

So in SLD of Qty, u will require the Dev integration server also. Thats y u have to create the Dev XI server technical and business system on SLD of Qty also. Then only u will be able to create both the groups on Qty SLD

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

You mean to say we have to do all these Transport groups and Transport Targets purely at QTY Server only?????

Even though if we are doing at QTY server side, there we can select the IS of Quality server only

How can we select the IS of DEV Server's even though we create the BS of DEV server

Why because we dont have Comman SLD.

Can we see the IS of DEV server in QTY Server???

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thas why i asked you please provide the summarized steps.

Even though it is some wat pain for you please give me some steps for this process

It will be a great help from your side

Regards

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean to say we have to do all these Transport groups and Transport Targets purely at QTY Server only?????

Yes

Can we see the IS of DEV server in QTY Server???

U can see this only when u create the Dev XI technical and business system (Web As ABAP) on the SLD of Qty

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heyyyy Prateek,

>>U can see this only when u create the Dev XI technical and business system (Web As ABAP) on the SLD of Qty

You mean to say we should have 2 Integration servers in QTY Server, one for DEV and another for QTY

How is this possible

only one IS is possible in one server

Regards

Bopanna

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Steps for business system transport(using file transport method)

1. Go to dev SLD adminintration and export --export line LD(it contains landscape data including t.s and b.s with I.S)

2. Import this in QA SLD ....now we can see all dev t.s and b.s along with integration server in QA.

3.Create QA Tech. systems and Business systems in QA XI.

4. Go to QA sld , we can see both DEV and QA T.S and B.S with its respective Integration servers.

5. In QA go to dev Business systems -

> groups -

> edit groups and create 2 groups based on its integration servers (eg.DEVXI for DEV and QAXI for QA).

6.Go to QA sld ---> for each business systems -

> go to tranports and assisgn transport targets for each business system.

7. Thats all...Now when we import I.D objects From dev to qa , business systems name will be automatically changed in QA.

thanks

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i think you need to maintain GROUPS inorder to have the same business sytem in the quality also

go with the business system wizard there u will find transport targets and groups

note:reward points if solution found helpfull.....

regards

chandrakanth.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

@ Satya

No more links plzzzzzzzz

@ Chandra

While creating the Transport groups for Business system in SLD we have to assign the Integration server to that corresponding Business system.

I can select the integration server for DEV server's BS only here then what abt Quality's BS and corresponding IS??

How to do this???

Regards

Bopanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check the below link for configuring GROUPS and transport targets

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm

note:reward points if solution found helpfull.....

regards

chandrakanth.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Dont you read my very first post.

There i specified iam reffering that Help file only

Regards

Bopanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls excuse me i didnt see it.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's ok Chandra, please try to answer my doubt

Regards

BOpanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

The URL which you provide explaining hoe to Export and Import the TS and BS

But iam very specific abt the Transport Groups and Traansport Targets.

Can any one give brief steps

REgards

Bopanna

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Please try with the following URL for u r server.

http://host name:50000/sld/admin/index.jsp?namespace=sld/active

i hope, where u have an option under content

i.e import, export and back up options.

where u can find the groups.

warm regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

If you know more abt the issue then please interact.

Guys no one did this type of Transport before?????

Any one......

Regards

Bopanna

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bopanna,

Go through this links..

File transport method:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a8/5e56006c17e748a68bb3843ed5aab8/frameset.htm

CMS transport method:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a8/5e56006c17e748a68bb3843ed5aab8/frameset.htm

• CMS for SAP Exchange Infrastructure:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b8d8f7b2-0701-0010-b09a-cda4cca2...

• How to handle Xi with CMS:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/43f5d790-0201-0010-2984-ff7...

• Configuration of CMS in Central NWDI & SLD to transport XI objects:

/people/praveen.mayalur/blog/2007/05/31/configuration-of-cms-in-central-nwdi-sld-to-transport-xi-objects

• XI Software Logistics Solution III: CMS:

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/28/xi-software-logistics-solution-iii-cms

In ID u need to change the communication parameters manually.

Reward points if it isuseful..

Thanks,

Satya..