Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in performing connection test for WAS....URGENT HELP Required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While performing the connection tests in SAP enterprise portal

I have used user logon method UIDPW

ITS connection and Connection Test for Connectors are getting successful but SAP Web AS Connection is showing -:

Results

1. The system ID is valid

2. Retrieval of the system was successful

3. The system object represents an SAP system

4. The following parameters are valid: WAS Protocol (http) WAS Host Name (sapserver1)

*5. HTTP/S connection failed *

Settings for WAS

WAS Description: IP address of the system

WAS Host Name: sapserver1

WAS Host Name: Pls tell me the correct path

WAS Protocol: http

Waiting for your quick responses.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Actually our server is not working so i can't see the path but use RZ10(Display Profile Parameters) or RZ11(Maintain System Profile Parameter) transaction code. From here you will get the tree structure and you navigate according to /sap/bw/bex.

WAS Path is usually:- /sap/bw/bex

This value is found in system properties.

See this link:-(It will be helpful to create system in portal)

Regards,

Manorama Singh

Rewards Points if helpful answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manorama,

We have resolved the issue......there was some user mapping issue.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Prashant.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shaila_kasha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

System alias is done at the object level where we have connection tests.the connection test result say that you have done it.please check the system alias once again.It shpuld have a green tick mark .

About WAS, in ur User Mangement porperties i want to know wht is ur Authentication ticket type if its SAP logon ticket,which sytem r is been integrated BI or anything else. Its not BI from ur reply. if it is SAP logon ticket we know that ticket needs to b eimported from StrustSSO2 transaction code and all the ACLs need to be imported pertaining to tht system.

hope let me know if it was helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Shaila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaila,

We have resolved the error, user mapping was not correctly defined........we are using UDIPW method for SAP logon type so I don't think inporting tickets is required ...what do you say?

Can you please tell me the exact procedure for SSO (I think there only we have to do all those steps mentioned by you).

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to enter a Web AS description for your Web AS and then you have to enter the Web AS Host Name which is the complete DNS name with the port, e.g. for the IBSolution development system it’s erinome.ibsolution.local:8000.

Then you have to enter the Web AS Path. This path is for Business Explorer /sap/bw/bex and you have to choose the Web AS Protocol, e.g. http protocol.

See this link:-(It will be helpful to create system in portal)

Regards,

Manorama Singh

Rewards point if helpful answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manorama,

I don't think the path /sap/bw/bex is correct becoz its for bw and i my server I don't have BW.

Can you pls clarify this.

Thanks

Prashant

shaila_kasha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

The WAS and ITS protocol and host name needs to be the same.

Also i guess the system alias has been defined. in sytem object under System alias.

Web AS verifies the information contained in the SAP logon ticket.like, Verifying the issuing server's digital signature.

Making sure the ticket has been issued by a trusted server (either itself or a server listed in the corresponding access control list).

Checking the expiration time.

WAS host name should be something like

"application host.<desiredURL>.<desiredURL>:<portal port(like 8000)> the complete url. with domain should be entered in browser.

Make sure tht the URL is enabled from the internet or intanet levels

hope this will be helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Shaila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using UIDPW so I have done the user mapping,system alias has already been added.

I am confused about WAS part?could u pls help me out.

What will be the WAS path?

also can u tell the process to do this

*Also i guess the system alias has been defined. in sytem object under System alias.

Web AS verifies the information contained in the SAP logon ticket.like, Verifying the issuing server's digital signature.

Making sure the ticket has been issued by a trusted server (either itself or a server listed in the corresponding access control list).*

Regards,

Prashant.