cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP business package use in IBM WebSphere Portals

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am seeking confirmation of my understanding of the interoperability of SAP and IBM software. We are in the planning stages of an SAP implementation and currently use IBM WS portal server.

1. Is it true that Business Packages can only be deployed on the SAP Enterprise Portal (and not directly in the IBM WS portal server)?

2. The recommended approach to incorporating Business Package content on an IBM WS portal is by including the business package content (hosted on the SAP EP) as an IFRAME on a portal hosted on the IBM WS portal server?

3. If we want to create additional portal content to run on the SAP EP, it must be iViews until JSR 168 is supported?

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Your understanding of our current interoperability options is correct. Regarding:

1). Yes, Business Packages can only be deployed in the SAP Enterprise Portal (or now named SAP NetWeaver Portal in the 2004s release).

2). Yes, the recommended approach is to put the whole SAP EP in an iFrame. The Business Package can then be installed on SAP EP, and then displayed via iFrame to IBM WPS.

3). Yes, you must create iViews to run in SAP EP using one of our development tools. JSR168 container support will come in the next major release of NetWeaver, next year. However, I do not know for sure if development tool support for creating JSR168 iViews/portlets will come with future releases.

Hope this helps!

Elise

Answers (0)