cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration to send the smartform through fax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used CONVERT_OTF_AND_FAX and SO_OBJECT_SEND FM's to send the smartform through fax.After executing SO_OBJECT_SEND function module,I am getting sy-subrc alue as 9(OBJECT_NOT_SEND).I am able to send the document through fax.But when I click on display in SOST transaction it is just printing the output of the smartform.It is not coming in PDF format.

The code looks fine.I think there is some problem with confuration settings.Is there any configuration to be done to send the smartform output through fax?

Please reply.

Regards,

Hema

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How is configure your message in transaction NACE because here you can define support FAX and so there is a standard solution for this .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry,I didn't get you.Could you please explain me clearly?

Regards,

Hema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you define your message output in transaction NACE you define the output support for it . It can be Printer ( support 1 ) or EDI ( support 6 ) or Fax support 2 ) .

When you create your document in SAP , entries are added in the NAST Table according to your message definition and generation . If an entry is add with support type 2 , then when it's executed the system IN STANDARD retrieve the Fax number of the partner define for the message and process it ( Fax is send ).

Of course you have to define correctly the connexion between SAP and your Fax line ( you can see it in transaction SCOT ).

Hope this help you

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell me how can I check in SCOT transaction,the connection betwwen SAP and FAX?

Regards,

Hema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In NACE set the layout to "SYSTEM STATUS" . you will see all possible nodes for exteral communication from SAP .

If under node FAX there's nothing so that means that the configuration is missing

If there is a node under it, double click on it . A popup window will appear with the fax configuration, check that the node is set to "Node in use" .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you.

In SCOT transaction,there is a node under fax.When I double clicked on that node,a popup window appeared.In this window,the node in use checkbox is checked.

Regards,

Hema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So that should work without any ABAP coding.

Take care in SCOT to set the Country Code value correctly for the fax number .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually,my requirement is to send the smartform output through email with medium 'external send'.I have done some coding for that.it is working fine and I am able to send the smartform through email and open the attachment in PDF format.

But if the email id of the recipient is not present then the smartform output has to be sent through fax with the same medium 'external send'.

So I have done some coding to send the smartform through fax when the email id is not present.

I am able to send the output of smartform through fax.But when I clicked on display in SOST transaction,it is not coming in PDF format.It is coming in RAW format.

Is it possible to send the smartform output through fax with medium 'external send'?

Regards,

Hema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand better your requirement.

This problem comes from conversion rules define in SCOT . Check it and that should work .

Sorry i'm not facing a SAP system so i can't tell you where to check this.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this

1. Get OTF output of the form .

When calling Smartform, pass to parameters

Exporting

control_params-getotf = 'X'.

IMPORTING

job_output_info = structoutput

OTF data is in structoutput-otfdata

Use this FM to the rest