cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI in ECC 6.0, usage type AS ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Is there any restriction on the functionalities of PI/XI in ECC 6.0 (with ABAP only)?

Can I have full XI functionalities if when I install ECC 6.0, I also check AS Java?

Giang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194360
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giang

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 - uage type PI corresponds to product version instance SAP ERP 6.0 - SAP NW - Process Integration.

PI requires AS ABAP and AS Java as prerequisites in the same system. Optionally, it can be combined with other usage types in one system.

Regarding installation with ECC on one server, see the following recommendation from the SAP ERP Master Guide, already mentioned:

"We recommend that you identify a dedicated PI system. For PI, no other system in your system landscape may have a higher release than the PI system. For exceptions to this rule, see SAP Note 1043047. "

regards,

Andreas R

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you need AS JAVA. To use PI(XI) within SAP ERP 6.0 (ECC 6.0) you need the same software active as a standalone PI(XI) installation.

Please see the SAP ERP 6.0 master guide for more information on activating PI and the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 master guide for the software/config needs PI.

Cheers,

Mike