cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO implementation issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Could any one pls let me know what would be the ideal procedure followed in implementations for the following requirements

1> DO they do the Reporting in BW or from APO-BW component ? What are the issues in using AD-HOC reporting from BW through remote cubes if iam not wrong?

2> Is it really worth storing data in APO-BW from livecache and then feed into BW system for reporting through export datasources?are there any problems and issues if we extract data directly from livecache?

3> WIll SNP loads are delta performed ?

Roa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Deenu,

All the transaction data for SNP comes through the core interface facility, which is the connectivity between the APO and R/3(PIRs, SOs and other requirements)and also from the Demand planning (forecast).

The CIF has a feature transfer the changes that occour in master as well as the transaction data in R/3 system directly to APO. We have different configuration settings which will enable us to send the data as soon as it is changed and also to do it periodically, or manually also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krish,

Thanks for your help.

Regards

roa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

There is a data extraction tool avaible in APo to extract the data from SNP...it does not have delta feature. If you need delta info you will have to use ODS. The information from planning run to Planing run changes significantly and thus a delta may not be very effective...but nevertheless you have analyse the data situation at your end.

To extract data from simulation version is no different. Version is one of the key charateristics that can be used in the selection for the extraction. Let me know if you need more info on this.

Thanks

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

Thanks for your reply,But i still could not understand how the loads for SNP are done ,are they delta capable in capturing only the changes records are we need to use ODS functionality to load only changed records .

If someone could let me know of how it happens (Inventory & capacity planning data from planning areas) in all implementations i would be great.Coz in SNP they use simulation versions and i want to know the transition steps between the simulation run and capacity levelling?

Regards

Roa

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai deenu rao,

(a) According to my openion reporting can be done in even SAP APO as BW components are in built.

(b)livecache is the data base and what it is used while running the programe .We can load the data in APO BW that wont be any problem .

i thing this information is enough.If you have any problems just post it .

thaks a lot

regards,

raja