cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Popup's/DialogBoxes --> 5 Windows?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in my Application i have to build 5 Dialog Boxes for extended Value help of the fields. I know this coding for creating and displaying this dialog boxes, which works fine:

// Window “AddressbookWindow”

IWDWindowInfo windowInfo = (IWDWindowInfo)wdComponentAPI

.getComponentInfo()

.findInWindows("AddressbookWindow");

//create the “AddressbookWindow”

IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager()

.createWindow( windowInfo, true);

//set the WindowPosition on the screen

window.setWindowPosition(300, 150);

//and show the window

window.open();

// Save WindowInstance in Context

wdContext.currentPopupElement().setWindowInstance(window);

But using this coding i need for every dialog box a new window, is that right? Is it possible to create 1 Window with 5 different views?

Hoped to find a method in IWDWindow like "setView" e.g., but i can't find possible methods to implement that..

Thanks and regards

Christopher

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Creating 5 windows is one of the option, the other way is:

- Create a window and embed a blank view .

- Inside the view create multiple ViewContainerElements (in your case create 5 ViewCotainerElement )

- Embed individual views to this ViewCotainerElements

- Bind Visibility proper of each ViewCotainerElement to corresponding attributes

- Programmatically set the visibility of each ViewContainerElement. i.e., if you want to show dailogbox1 then set visibility of remaining ViewContainerElement to false.

Regards

Fabians

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for all your ideas, i'll try to make one Window and work with the visible parameter..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to embed all the views to one window and before the window is displayed try to fire respective plugs.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your requirement actually?

Well at a time you can show only one view in a window. But you can create a generic method which takes string parameter.

Now depending upon the conditions call this method and pass the required window name. The same you can pass to findInWindows() method.

And if you want to use only one window for 5 views then you can create a common view. Put all the 5 views into this common view using viewContainer UI and depending upon the condition make the particular viewContainer UI visible property to true and false. In init you should make the visibility for all the 5 to false.

Hope this helps.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Edited by: Manoj Kumar on Apr 4, 2008 12:52 PM

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

It is possible to embed the 5 different views under a single window. Or you can create 5 diff windows and embed a single view for each window.

But for external window if you want to open 5 diff views under 5 diff actions then create 5 diff windows. And put the window name accordingly.

Regards,

Mithu