Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping problem of interfaces in BPM

peter_jarsunek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a problem with mapping in the BPM.

I have two software components:

- SAP (and imported IDocs, which i need to use)

-3rd party system

In the BPM I need to use transformation from the 3rd party system MSG type to IDoc and then send this IDoc. But if I want to use this mapping, I need to create abstract interfaces (to be usable in the BPM).

But it is not possible to create interface mapping for this transformation, because the interfaces are not from the same SW Component.

It seems, that it is possible to create interface mapping only within 1 sw component. But it doesn't make sense! IDocs belong to SAP and the source message interface belongs to the 3rd party system and I NEED to create mapping for these interafaces!!

Sure, it would be possible to create 3rd party message interface in the SAP sw component or to import IDoc into 3rd party system, but...

Could you help me, how to solve this? Or at least explain me, how should this work?

Thanx in advance, Peter

Message was edited by: Peter Jarsunek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

to use messages of two different SWCVs in a BPM you need to create a based on relationship between the two SWCVs in SLD. BPM restricts object usage to the SWCV in which the BPM itself resides, so to solve your problem go to the SLD content maintenance and select your SWCV of your BPM, click on Usage Dependencies, then select Define Dependencies, choose Installation Time and then the SWCV in which the other objects reside, click save and your done. You might need to reimport the SWCV to the repository to update the relationship there. It is updated as soon as you can see Basis Objects in the SWCV tree.

best regards

Christine

Answers (0)