cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a websevice wsdl as stateful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have exposed BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 and BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT in a single webservice. I was able to get wsdl of the same, but now I need to make this wsdl as statefull how can I do this??

Thanks,

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

You cannot change the state of a wsdl. You need to reconfigure your webservice (make the desired state change and then redeploy). This will resolve your problem.

regards,

Pinac

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Web Services works with HTTP protocol which is stateless. Web Services can never be stateful.

Workaround---> You can manually write the code to maintain the state of the coming request using cookies or other mechanism.

Web Service by its own is not stateful.

Regards,

piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

1. After creating web service, expand the node Web Service Definitions & double click on your web service.

2. From the right side panel, select Features tab

3. Select session & check the select future check box.

4. Save the changes & build the Ejb module project.

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WSDL is just a reference to your webservice. Your content, functionality and everything will depend on the ear you deployed in the AS while deploying and exposing the web service. So whatever change you want to make you have to do with ear. So you have to redeploy for any change to take effect. WSDL is only a reference to this ear.

Regards,

Srinivasan Subbiah