0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Pl asnswer the following questions.

1 The output of demand planning in APO is

A Constrained based demand plan

B PIR

C Unconstrained Demand plan

D Planned order

2 Subassembly planning strategy 70 in R/3 gets transferred to APO as requirement strategy 20 with following indicator

A Mixed MRP indicator 1

B Time indicator

C Assembly Planning indicator

3 data fields changed in R/3 material master are transferred to APO in

A Real time as change transfer

B Transferred as delta transfer when the integration model is executed

C Entire material master is retransferred

D Only the changed field is transferred

4 The product master fields which are not transferred from R/3 to APO are maintaine in APO By

A Mass Maintenance in APO

B R/3 material master record can be enhanced with customer specific fields and thes fields can be transferred through integration model using customer exit

C Product master can not be maintained in APO at all

5 The following resources can be transferred from R/3 to APO

A Production Resources

B Transportation Resources

C Bucket resource

D Single Activity Resources

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Dear Gurus,

> Pl asnswer the following questions.

>

>

> 1 The output of demand planning in APO is

> A Constrained based demand plan

> B PIR

> C Unconstrained Demand plan

> D Planned order

>

> 2 Subassembly planning strategy 70 in R/3 gets transferred to APO as requirement strategy 20 with following indicator

> A Mixed MRP indicator 1

> B Time indicator

> C Assembly Planning indicator

>

> 3 data fields changed in R/3 material master are transferred to APO in

> A Real time as change transfer

> B Transferred as delta transfer when the integration model is executed

> C Entire material master is retransferred

> D Only the changed field is transferred

>

> 4 The product master fields which are not transferred from R/3 to APO are maintaine in APO By

> A Mass Maintenance in APO

> B R/3 material master record can be enhanced with customer specific fields and thes fields can be transferred through integration model using customer exit

> C Product master can not be maintained in APO at all

>

> 5 The following resources can be transferred from R/3 to APO

> A Production Resources

> B Transportation Resources

> C Bucket resource

> D Single Activity Resources

1. C - Only unconstrainted Demand Plan will be generated by DP. This when sent to SNP or R/3 will be coming as PIR.

2. C

3. A & C - If the integration model is active, any change in R/3 for master data happens in realtime through change transfer and it retransfers whole of the master data rather than just fields.

4. A & B

5. A & D

Please do share more questions if you have. I'm also preparing for APO Certification Your questions helps a lot to test my knowledge.

Regards,

Rajesh Manoharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Can you please explain, why the option "B" is not correct in the following question? I can see there is a work center category "0010" for transportation unit and also capacity category "010" for Transport, on the R/3 side

5 The following resources can be transferred from R/3 to APO

A Production Resources

B Transportation Resources

C Bucket resource

D Single Activity Resources

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Rajesh,

>

> Can you please explain, why the option "B" is not correct in the following question? I can see there is a work center category "0010" for transportation unit and also capacity category "010" for Transport, on the R/3 side

>

> 5 The following resources can be transferred from R/3 to APO

> A Production Resources

> B Transportation Resources

> C Bucket resource

> D Single Activity Resources

>

> Thanks

> Deepak

Hi Deepak,

I haven't heard of any Work Center Category for Transportation. May be your system might have been defined with Transportation Unit as one of the Work Center Category, which I'm not clear as to what purpose does it serves?

Typically any work center contains group of machines that are used in the production process. In my opinion, the transportation capacity created in R/3 won't help much in planning as it has to be covered in the Logistics Execution after GI / GR.

You can define the resource type that is assigned when transferring the resource in the IMG activity Set the Transfer of Resources to SAP APO in the R/3 system. You can not transfer bucket, vehicle, and transportation resources to SAP APO through CIF.

For further clarification read this link : [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/9b/954d3baf755b67e10000000a114084/frameset.htm|Integration of Resources ] http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/9b/954d3baf755b67e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh Manoharan

Edited by: RAJESH MANOHARAN on May 7, 2008 8:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for your response.

If you go to any work center on R/3 side, in capacity category field, if you select the possible options then you can see the capacity category 010 for transport, if you configure capacity category 010 for a work center on R/3 side, so by definition, if you CIF work centers to APO, for each work center and capacity category combination, a resource will be created in APO. So I thought "Transportation Resources" can be CIF'ed to APO, I but I do not know the purpose and use, I may be wrong.

Regards

Deepak

Edited by: Deepak K on May 17, 2008 6:11 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 C

2.C

3. A& C

4. A & B

5. A & D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for your response.

i have given the points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems like this questions are from Certification exam,are you apearing for exam. anyhow below are the answers

1.C

2.C

3.D

4.A&B

5.A

Regards

Kumar