Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONDITION TECHNIQUE - Output Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a billing document having document type ZSTP (Stock transfer posting). There is one condition record for this billing type in output type(Condition type) and after selecting this condition record I pressed COMMUNICATION button on the application tool bar,in the new screen I can see some output device(printer) say "epson_9" is there. My question is wht is the purpose of maintaining condition record for this billing type ZSTP and a printer,anyhow v get the default output device(printer) say "epson_2" which v set in SU3 tcode. And this condition type is attached to this billing type in SAP IMG -> Sales and distrubution -> Basic function -> output control -> Output Determination -> Output Determination using CT -> Output Determination for Billing -> Asign Output Determination Procedures.

Through which printer we get to print this document either epson_2 OR epson_9. if so,plz tell reason for that....

I am a bit confused with this output determination using CT...Awaiting your replays

Helpful answers will be rewarded.

Thanks & Regards,

V.Raghavender.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

To keep it simple i would say "Condition Record" is used to populate or initiate values for corresponding fields just like defaulting them in the background. Unless you maintain the condition record the system will not be able to identify the printer and required settings to be considered. Settings can be different from printer to printer and what you see w.r.t printer1 maybe not be same w.r.t printer2. Examples of differences can be: Page Settings, Language... First you need to understand the concept of condition technique. Condition technique is same for Prices, Output, Text, Free Goods, Material... Determination.

0 Kudos

Hi Eswar,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is when I am printing multiple documents through VF31 t.code, system NOT picking the printer which is there in condition record.

What could be problem ??

Helpful answers will be rewarded

Thanks & Regards,

V.Raghavender.