cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONDITION TECHNIQUE - Output Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a billing document having document type ZSTP (Stock transfer posting). There is one condition record for this billing type in output type(Condition type) and after selecting this condition record I pressed COMMUNICATION button on the application tool bar,in the new screen I can see some output device(printer) say "epson_9" is there. My question is wht is the purpose of maintaining condition record for this billing type ZSTP and a printer,anyhow v get the default output device(printer) say "epson_2" which v set in SU3 tcode. And this condition type is attached to this billing type in SAP IMG -> Sales and distrubution -> Basic function -> output control -> Output Determination -> Output Determination using CT -> Output Determination for Billing -> Asign Output Determination Procedures.

Through which printer we get to print this document either epson_2 OR epson_9. if so,plz tell reason for that....

I am a bit confused with this output determination using CT...Awaiting your replays

Helpful answers will be rewarded.

Thanks & Regards,

V.Raghavender.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Output is determined (like pricing and text determination) using the condition

technique.

A condition record for an output type contains the requirements for that output

type. If these are met, then the system proposes that particular output type.

You determine the transmission medium, the time and the partner function in the

condition record.

There are various types of transmission medium available like

Printer, Fax, EDI etc. Now the condition type should be able to find the relevant transmission medium so we need to mention the printer (transmission medium) name

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ragavendar,

-->The out device Printer will come by defult through maintaining the condition record for that condition type with that printer in the transaction VV11.

--> Through maintainning the condition record system will create the Output document after creation of the billing document.

If you are not maintaining the condition records again you need to go VF02 there you need to maintain output related details like output type , printer etc.

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Thanks a lot for your reply. As you are telling that, if we maintain condition record, system will create output document after creation of the billing document.

May I know in which transaction code I can see that created output document ?

We can also maintain printer in the billing document itself,like after opening the required billing document, in the menu bar - GOTO --> HEADER --> OUTPUT, by giving the condition type,selecting that line and pressing Communication button on the application tool bar for maintaining printer.

Please tell what is the difference in maintaining condition record and directly maintaining by through the menu bar - GOTO --> HEADER --> OUTPUT ??? & what about the USER default printer in SU3

I am online at raghavendervit at gmail.com.

Helpful answers will rewarded

Thanks & Regards,

V.Raghavender

Technical Consultant