cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset accounting Year end closing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are unable perform the year end Closing for the Asset accounting year 2006 (AJAB).

It give an error that for Asset 100001, the “Depreciation not posted completely”.

The problem with this asset is that,

The Final depreciation was posted on 31.3.2007.

After that we have posted the following manual entry :

Pk 75 Cr Asset account 100001 (Rs)

Pk 40 Dr Exchange diff valuation.(Rs.)

With Transaction type 100 --- External acquisition.

The asset history before posting this entry looks like:

Ordinary depreciation : Planned values for period 12---- 69,624.49 Posted values for period 12 -

The asset history after manual posting looks like:

Ordinary depreciation : Planned values for period 12---- 38,638.69

Posted values for period 12 -

We have the difference in the posed and the planned values and hence it is asking us to post the differential depreciation the amount of Rs. 30,995/-, then you carry the year end closing.

Now that the Balance sheet already closed for the fiscal year 2006, we cannot repeat run the depreciation, so as to adjust the Depreciation.

What would be the possible solution without affecting my Balance sheet and I can close the Year end closing for Asset Accounting 2006.

Please help me in resolving this issue as it is very very critical in further Asset accouting process and I am unable to see atleast my Asset Balances unles i close 2006.

Please revert back for any further clarifications.

Points are assure.

Thanks and regards,

S Sq

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

saikrishna_vallurupalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First you clarify the following

1. Your balance sheet for the year 2006 finalised with manual entry and effected depreciation on manual entry?

2. If yes, you can run the depreciation repeat run, then your balance sheet and SAP asset balance both will be matched. and close the asset year 2006.

3.If No, what is the nessacity of manual entry, open the financial year and reverse that entry then after close the asset year.

It is not a big problem, first you take the above clarification from your client, then let me know the status

Regards

sai krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

any help for this question, please. Its urgent as iam unable to close fiscal year

Regards,

S Sq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the T code ASKB.

Execute this.

Although in test run it will not show any document inspite of that run in live environment(without test run) after executing this try to close your year 2006.

I am sure this will help you.

Regards

Meenakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meenakshi,

Thanks for the reply.

My problem is if I run the periodic posting the differential depreciation gets posted and my balance sheet will be effected by that amount.

The fiscal year 2006 is already closed and we dont want to have effect on the balance sheet as they are audited and no further modifications are not to be made.

Here is the point where we are struck up, otherwise I would have run the depreciation Repeat run AFAB and the postings get done and finally I can close the 2006 Asset year-end

Thanks and regards,

S Sq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Pls recheck the following steps:

Determine the company codes that are to be closed.

2. Check what the last closed fiscal year was (Periodic processing ® Year-end closing ® Reverse).

3. Check if there are data inconsistencies in valuation between the Financial Accounting (FI) and Materials Management (MM) components. To do so, start the List of Stock Values: Balances (report RM07MBS, transaction code MB5L) for the last period of the fiscal year. Enter a company code on the initial screen and set the Totals only indicator. If the report finds differences, submit a customer message to SAP. You can continue processing your year end closing while SAP clears up the data inconsistencies. The creation of the balance sheet is the only thing that has to wait until after the inconsistencies are removed.

4. Check whether all low value assets have been capitalized. If LVAs were collected in a profit and loss account, the balance from this account must be capitalized to an asset.

5. Settle all assets under construction that were completed in the fiscal year you want to close.

6. Start the program for recalculating depreciation (refer to Recalculating Values), in order to include any possible changes in the depreciation terms for assets in the fiscal year to be closed.

7. Run the last regular depreciation posting run. If the depreciation amounts changed since the last regular posting run, you can start additional posting runs for special periods (refer to Periodic Posting of Depreciation).

8. Run reports on the current asset values. Analyze whether these values meet the requirements of your accounting policy. If necessary, you can make adjustment postings within the latitudes allowed for asset values and for the inclusion of assets in the asset portfolio. Return to point 6.

9. Start the year-end closing program (Periodic processing ® Year-end closing). The program blocks the current fiscal year to further posting to assets.

10. Create the necessary reports (for example, asset history sheet).

Reg

assign points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suresh,

Our Asset accounting Fiscal year 2006 and 2007 both are open.

When I am trying to perform Asset Fiscal year change(AJRW),

It gives the error that "first close the asset fiscal year 2006, first...and do the AJRW" ...

Asset accounting will not allow more that two fiscal year open. When I am trying to change the new fiscal year 2008, this error is coming i.e., 3 asset fiscal year will be open.

When I try to close the year end for 2006, I get an error for one asset that the "Depreciation is not posted incompletely".

This is the scenario for what I have posted.

Please help me in this regard, because If I do the repeat run then my FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING gets effected.

Thanks and regards,

S Sq