Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR: Ping on server ... returned: 401 Unauthorized

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

has anyone experienced (and solved) the following:

when trying to connect to the DTR from NWDS, I get the following mesage in my Command Output:

DTR: Ping on server ... returned: 401 Unauthorized

Logging on via browser (http://<srv>:<port>/dtr or /devinf) works fine.

The DTR server only consists of the J2EE stack and all user roles / groups seem to be set up correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Best regards

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

You are correct with your assumptions. When you login to the DTR, you are sure that you are using a username/pass that has the appropriate role? That's the only explanation I can think of. The other responses to your question probably won't help much, because if those were the root of your problem you would probably be getting a 404 instead of a 401. 401 really indicates that there is some security/user auth problem. Please double check this and let me know what your progress is.

Cheers,

Steve

-

If you find a post useful, please help keep the community going by setting a good example and rewarding the poster with points.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the immediate and helpful response. I have instructed the customer remotely to revisit the authorization settings. Apparently, it is working now. Thank you very much everybody !

Best regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you set correct domain name in NWDS

Windows->prefferences->Java development infrastructure->Design time repository,set the URL

Create a DTR client.

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using a fully qualified domain name?