Did you mean: 

how to model my WebService with ESR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I have a very vague picture of ESR,

I have a scenario where:

-> i have UI built with Web dynpro (Java),

-> these UI calls web services, these web-services are implemented with Netweaver-XI,

-> for the present we have imported the WSDL and used it as model in Web Dynpro application,

-> Web Dynpro application is deployed in

SAP WEB-AS Java (part of Enterprise Portal)

Now i want to port this whole application into NW-CE,

How can i make use of ESR (in NWCE), in this case?

What is ESR? (Is it a Service Registry)?

Can I register my WSDLs in ESR,

Or can u suggest me something, in ur own way

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudeep

In general, there are two paradigms that are supported in terms of webservices. One is the inside-out moel where you already have the implementation and you have generated a WS (either through Java or XI). The other approach is when you model your WS first because you want the definition to be standardized, reusable etc.

Your situation fits well with the first case. In the second case, is when you use the ESR. So, if you already have WSDL you don't have to use the ESR.

You can either consume it directly from the WD Application (as you currently do) or you can publish it to the Service registry so that tomorrow when there are other applications that are built in your landscape all users can discover and use this service.

Hope that clarifies.

regards

Rathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can either consume it directly from the WD Application (as you currently do) or you can publish it to the Service registry so that tomorrow when there are other applications that are built in your landscape all users can discover and use this service.

I'm encountering the similar problem. Can anyone kindly giving more detail steps on how to publish the existing web services to the service registry?

Thanks.

- julius

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julius

If you are trying to publish services you developed in ABAP, my colleagues have written a great end to end article that is available here

ht[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50b63e8f-a4bb-2a10-e9b1-ba803fd06739|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50b63e8f-a4bb-2a10-e9b1-ba803fd06739]

If you are publishing a web service that is implemented and deployed in SAP Web AS Java, you can publish it by creating a Publication restriction. Go to NWA > SOA Management > Business Administration and create a publication restriction

If it is an external webservice, you can do the same from the SR UI. There's an option to publish services

regards

Rathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

ESR is just like Integration Repository for XI.

Here you can design/define your Enterprise Services.

After defining you can implement in ABAP or JAVA, and finally you can publish it in Service Registry.

ESR is not Service Registry. Service Registry is a different one.

For your scenario, it doesn't seems any use of ESR. You can directly port your WebDynPro application on CE .

Regards,

Piyush