Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM Authrization Issue

former_member188806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing a serious

authorization problem in our SCM system.

We want to provide a bifurcation at

the Production Planner "APO_PL_PPS"

level.This is possible for

authorization object "C_APO_PPL"

(PP/DS, Production Planner),

however "C_APO_PROD" (Master Data,

Products) consists of only 3 fields.

Since the Product Id's ("APO_PROD")

do not follow any specific

nomenclature in our landscape, we

cannot provide any limitation here.

The problem is that when Product Id is "*"; irrespective of other

objects (eg. APO_PL_PPS); all the Product's can be viewed by all users.

Is there some way in which we can allow users belonging to a particular

Production Planner to view only their respective Product Id's..

Please help, since it's real important that only users belonging to a

particular Production Planner view their respective Product Id's.

Thanks a lot,

Saba.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know this objects, but have you tried searching here and "OSS" for any infos on the technical field name to see why it is used as a field for the object and whether extentions of the concept are possible, or documentation on the object in SU21 perhaps?

That the product ID is used as a field would suggest that a naming convention is required for them to be able to use wildcards and ranges, unless single values or * is the end of the (usable) concept for it.

Perhaps some one else has already faced and solved this problem in a different way?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a new object in SU21 with Production Planner & Product Id, however for this object to be checked I'll have to modify the std. program..

I've tried searching everywhere, but to no avail:(

Thanks,

S

0 Kudos

Also, ranges cannot be used, since like I said before, there is no specific nomenclature maintained.

0 Kudos

Before you change the standard program, I would suggest keeping the thread here for a while to see whether somebody who has encountered this in APO knows whethere the naming convention (nomenclature) is the intended design and whether or not an alternate solution (work-around for retro-fit) is possible / available.

If you wish, I can move this thread to the "APO" forum to see whether the functional or development folks have solved this problem? Formally, forum "cross-posting" is not encouraged, but if you do, then please also cross-reference the threads...

Cross-reference....

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Apr 4, 2008 7:16 AM

0 Kudos

Dear Julius,

Thank u so much for your reply..if you wish you can move it to the APO forum...I posted it in both since we are desperate for a solution..

Thanks,

Saba.

0 Kudos

I left it up to the APO moderators to decide on the cross-posted and cross-referenced thread...

Cheers,

Julius