Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Payroll Data Migration from 4.6C to ECC Upgrade

dp_prasad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We are going to Upgrade our 4.6c R/3 system which includes HR to ECC6.

After this upgrade we going to start the Data migration of all data inclduing HR payroll from 4.6c to ECC.

1).Can anybody advise what are the options for loading Payroll data from 46c to ECC ..? After Payroll data migration we must be able to see all the Payroll results from the previous system.

2) is there any standard programs availble for Payroll data migration ..?

Also if anybody have any info/links on Payroll/HR data migration please help to advise.

Thanks a lot for your info/Time.,

Edited by: Dp on Apr 3, 2008 11:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, old payroll results can be migrated. Please see my earlier post [HR Upgrade|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/profile?editmode=true&userid=3468394]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somar,

I could not find the mentioned post "HR Upgrade". Please let me know the details of the "HR Upgrade" details which need to be kept in mind during upgrading R/3 4.7 to ECC 6.0

Yes, we have got the list of "Modification Objects" using the SPAU. Please confirm that during our upgrade, we just need to work on these objects which were changed/repaired by us according to our business need.

And, apart from that, please let me know should I need to worry about any OSS notes specific to 4.7, which is not applied to our system and got released after the ECC 6.0 Enhancement Release 3.

I understand that if we have a system that has the Patch and SP level as in our production system and do the upgrade to ECC 6.0 all the HR functionalities will be automatically taken care. Please confirm.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay

test carefully retros over old imported payroll results after upgrade. Sometimes after upgrades you can find problems with data stored in the old results tables and you may be forced to restrict rero-active calculations over those results.

Kathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, correct link

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dp_prasad
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the info.Thanx a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dp,

Have you upgarde or still in process. Because you have not mentioned here you job is over or still pending. In the any upgrade system take care all the module. Upgraden not come in module wise if you are using multiple modle.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Everything is taken care during upgrade.

You need to make sure you have the right Support Packages for HR and EA_HR levels for ECC6.

During Upgrade in ACT_700 phase, care to be taken in the Modification Adjustments (SPDD) if you have any customised objects and for any customised changes to ABAP Programs, etc. (SPAU) after upgrade.

Cheers

Shaji

dp_prasad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji Thanks.

Does that means ..that payroll results alll can be seen after upgrade ?

Is there any steps required after upgrade for schema's and customised info type fields..?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes all the results can be seen after the Upgrade. If you have any variants make sure it is saved and as said ealier you have the SPDD activity to be taken care during upgrade.

After upgrade during the functional test you may come across some issues for which you can find related notes & Support Packages.